Skills: Drilling Engineering
Other Skills: Landmark drilling, horizontal drilling
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
3. JOB PURPOSE:
Prepare drilling program and provide input to well completion program in a timely manner. Provide technical review and evaluation in contracting and procurement activities for drilling support services. Progress development/appraisal and exploration well planning and operational processes and procedures. Lead the development and implementation of the drilling risk assessment for field activities.
4. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provide technical drilling planning and implementation of drilling engineering activities ensuring that wells are designed and drilled in a safe, cost effective, and an environmentally responsible manner.
- Serve as a core member of the Wells Planning Team to design and implement optimum development drilling plans and contingency plans.
- Develop and track completion metrics to drive high-quality and cost effective completions.
- Visits drilling/workover rig sites regularly and acts as operation focal point between Rig-site & Main office. Ensures coordination and integration within the Team & with the rest of organization.
- Pre-qualify contractors and service providers for tendering of drilling support services.
- Prepare technical scopes of work for all drilling support services tenders, including QA/QC processes for materials.
- Participate in the technical and commercial bid evaluations for drilling services.
- Generate material specifications and procurement scheduling for drilling operations.
- Prepares Drilling & Workover Programs.
- Provide planning and budget cost estimates for the development drilling program as required.
- Provide daily support to drilling operations to ensure safe, efficient, and high-quality results.
- Conduct After-Action-Reviews to access overall performance of services contractors and evaluate drilling procedures being implemented.
- Support and adhere to the project timeline including coordinating peer reviews and post audits.
6. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- A Degree in Mechanical / Petroleum Engineering from an accredited university/institution or demonstrated relevant industry experience
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant Oil and Gas Industry experience with minimum 8 years as Drilling Engineer
- Holding IWCF well control certificate
7. TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
- Proficiency with Landmark drilling and planning tools like (DIMS, open well, well plan, well cat, well cost, compass, stress check and casing seat)
- Core competency in drilling engineering and drilling operations.
- Experience with horizontal and/or multi-lateral well technology.
- Developed skills in directional well planning, casing design, and cementing designs for sour environments.
- Familiar with completion design and execution.
- Thorough understanding of all financial aspects of drilling operations Including budgeting, cost forecasting, and estimation of service company contract values.
- Analytical & Creative Bent of Mind.
- Proficient in English.
At IDC Manpower Supply we understand that the task of providing services of requirement and selection of personnel demands a high degree of integration between the client and its adviser in order to create a partnership that really add value to the process, Our mission is that our clients made their final decisions counting with all the information and local expertise that IDC Manpower Supply makes available to them.
Our firm counts with a team of seasoned professionals with long standing experience in the areas of recruitment and selection of specialized personnel for the oil Industry, who will manage this process end-to-end and assist you in taking the right human resources decision.
Our Parent Company, International Development Company (IDC) is one of the UAE's leading service and supply companies. With its international expertise in the oil, gas, power and water, telecommunication, private industrial projects, construction, petrochemical industries, along with a reputation for progressive and innovative approaches to business, it has experienced rapid expansion and prosperity.
Over the course of 39 years, IDC maintained its continuous coverage of interrelated fields; starting with the oil & gas industry, and its focus on developing countries that are experiencing an increasing need of equipment, spare parts, consumer goods and general industrial supplies. This earned IDC its reputation as a quality supplier of material, equipment and services that are provided by engineers and well-qualified specialists in various fields.