Skills: Contracts Engineer
Other Skills: Drilling Contracts
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
3. JOB PURPOSE:
Execute and administer the procurement activities to meet company needs, according to Company policies and procedures. Develops contract strategies and leads negotiation efforts. Establishes contracts and ensures consistency of contract administration throughout all EPC packages.
4. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provides pro-active advice and purchasing expertise to customer departments in order to influence their commercial
- Generate contracting and tendering strategies plans to achieve the objectives of the end users functional needs.
- Assist the end user to identify suitable bidders for each proposed tender.
- Where necessary liaise with legal, finance and insurance functions and provide responses to tenderers contractual clarification requests.
- Identify risk and provide solutions risk mitigation measures.
- Assists in Tenders Board meetings, to present the outcome of the bids evaluation and recommendations, obtain necessary approvals to float tenders or award contracts and ensures efficient administration of post-award activities till these are concluded satisfactorily.
- Participates in the Negotiation with bidders, suppliers and contractors to obtain best commercial terms and outcomes and assesses their performance for updating the Standard Bidders List. Ensures comprehensiveness and completeness of documents relating to contracts and purchase orders / Agreements to ensure standards are maintained.
- Propose and justify and appropriate bid strategy and thereafter execute the approved strategy.
- Handling bids in accordance with Contracts Procedure and participates in bid evaluations.
- Provide support in preparing and planning the budget cost estimates for procurement and contracts department as required.
- Review and recommend amendments to existing contracting and service agreement policies, procedures and systems with a view to enhancing their effectiveness in the light of changing requirements and business environment.
- Review and analyse claims and requests for variations, provide expert commercial advice to the management and propose negotiation strategies and meetings to ensure favourable and cost effective resolution for the Company on contractual discrepancies or disputes.
- Participate and contribute in settle claims meetings with Contractors. Prepares recommendations for management approval and finalization of the issue as appropriate.
- Prepares the section's weekly/ monthly report and assist in the preparation of summarized contracts activity and status report.
- Work closely with peers and contractors to improve procurement performance and reduce overall cost.
- Maintains effective business relationships with Company's suppliers to ensure mutual benefit and fair business practices.
- Recommends for implementation of technologies and services to improve procurement performance and capital efficiency
6. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelors in Engineering/ Technical stream
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- 15 to 20 years of experience in development of high value and complex tenders and contracts, within a large industrial organization, preferably in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Technical understanding of building, reviewing and finalising various contracts and tendering process
- Sound understanding of commercial management principles with technical knowledge and diversified capabilities in contracts and risks management, cost effectiveness, legal / economic aspects
- Experience of Procurement, Materials Specification, Coding, Cataloguing in Oil/Gas or Petro-chemical Industry, with a sound knowledge of computer operation.
- Good understanding of regulation and control and other relevant legal guidelines
- Good contract negotiation and preparation skills
- Good knowledge and experience in conflict avoidance and contracts dispute resolution
- Certified in FRICS (Full Member of Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors) is preferable.
- Quantity Surveying degree and preferably chartered
At IDC Manpower Supply we understand that the task of providing services of requirement and selection of personnel demands a high degree of integration between the client and its adviser in order to create a partnership that really add value to the process, Our mission is that our clients made their final decisions counting with all the information and local expertise that IDC Manpower Supply makes available to them.
Our firm counts with a team of seasoned professionals with long standing experience in the areas of recruitment and selection of specialized personnel for the oil Industry, who will manage this process end-to-end and assist you in taking the right human resources decision.
Our Parent Company, International Development Company (IDC) is one of the UAE's leading service and supply companies. With its international expertise in the oil, gas, power and water, telecommunication, private industrial projects, construction, petrochemical industries, along with a reputation for progressive and innovative approaches to business, it has experienced rapid expansion and prosperity.
Over the course of 39 years, IDC maintained its continuous coverage of interrelated fields; starting with the oil & gas industry, and its focus on developing countries that are experiencing an increasing need of equipment, spare parts, consumer goods and general industrial supplies. This earned IDC its reputation as a quality supplier of material, equipment and services that are provided by engineers and well-qualified specialists in various fields.