Skills: Petroleum Engineering, Production Engineering
Other Skills: Real Time System, Smart Field
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Oman
3. JOB PURPOSE:
Provides support and advice on field automation techniques to the organisation so as to optimize production and reservoir management
Ensures that professional standards are observed and controlled within the Automation / Smart Fields
Acts as a focal point for technology applications related to automation, tele-communication, instrumentation and virtual control rooms development
Provides support for automation / smart field technologies to field development and plant modifications; In addition to corporate telecoms and industrial network support
Develops and formulates new operating models for existing or planned automated fields, mainly in coordination with petroleum development and operations disciplines to maximize benefits from the deployed technologies within the automated fields.
4. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Job Specific Accountabilities
· Liaises with Field operations, Reserves Development and other departments in Al Dhafra Petroleum to develop operating approaches and working practices that leverage level of implemented automation.
· Provides implementation support and technical consultation to Existing Development function when needed
· Coordinates with petroleum development teams to better understand reservoir characteristics and identifies improvement opportunities
· Manages surface studies and researches with regard to telecommunication, related technology applications for automation
· Manages field instrumentation and production data transmission and develops approaches, specifying requirements and setting standards for implementation
· Supervises contractors activities related to surface facilities.
· Plans and directs the activities of assigned personnel in Automation/Smart Fields department
· Develops and directs the articulation and implementation of new operating models for fields being automated as per shareholders request. This entails coordination with petroleum development and operations / instrumentation disciplines to determine most efficient operating approaches that will optimize production profiles and reservoir management using optimally deployed technologies
· Manages the approach and implementation of data/voice transmission from within the automated field / wells to control rooms and from fields to Abu Dhabi area.
· Provides centralized technical support for engineering and development projects as well as for new / undeveloped fields developments in areas of field automation techniques, remote reservoir monitoring, and instrumentation technologies
· Coordinates with petroleum development teams and engineering units to better understand surface facilities requirements as per reservoir characteristics and identifies improvement opportunities
· Supervises contractors activities for subsurface tasks
Manages subsurface studies and researches
6. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- B.Sc. degree in a Petroleum Engineering discipline or relevant degree
Minimum Experience & Knowledge:
- 10 years' experience in Petroleum Development, or related discipline with at 7 years of experience in Senior position.
7. TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
- Deep knowledge of advanced data acquisitions and transmission techniques.
- Knowledge of the Oil and Gas Industry
- Excellent knowledge of site workflows and plant processes
- Exceptional planning and budgeting skills
- Proficient in English.
At IDC Manpower Supply we understand that the task of providing services of requirement and selection of personnel demands a high degree of integration between the client and its adviser in order to create a partnership that really add value to the process, Our mission is that our clients made their final decisions counting with all the information and local expertise that IDC Manpower Supply makes available to them.
Our firm counts with a team of seasoned professionals with long standing experience in the areas of recruitment and selection of specialized personnel for the oil Industry, who will manage this process end-to-end and assist you in taking the right human resources decision.
Our Parent Company, International Development Company (IDC) is one of the UAE's leading service and supply companies. With its international expertise in the oil, gas, power and water, telecommunication, private industrial projects, construction, petrochemical industries, along with a reputation for progressive and innovative approaches to business, it has experienced rapid expansion and prosperity.
Over the course of 39 years, IDC maintained its continuous coverage of interrelated fields; starting with the oil & gas industry, and its focus on developing countries that are experiencing an increasing need of equipment, spare parts, consumer goods and general industrial supplies. This earned IDC its reputation as a quality supplier of material, equipment and services that are provided by engineers and well-qualified specialists in various fields.