Skills: Materials Management , Purchasing
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
The Lead Operational Excellence Leader will develop and execute the overall continuous improvement strategy for F&PT business. This role will require to provide leadership and direction to resources in improving on time delivery and quality for our customers as well as reducing our cost of Quality. The leader will be responsible for partnering with cross-functional leadership and teams to define and execute the businesses global, regional and site quality strategy.
In the role of Lead Operational Excellence Leader, you will:
- Be part of a team working on operational excellence in improving on time delivery and quality for our customers as well as reducing our cost of Quality
- Drive KPIs through successful implementation of processes and practices, including tracking progress and report out on the responsible workstream
- ITO/Front-end improvements - To simplify, streamline and standardize handoffs from our commercial teams to our factories guaranteeing clean, executable orders
- Material availability & quality - To ensure all required material for every job is available and released on time, free of non-conformances
- Manufacturing operations - To leverage industry and internal best practices and standardize manufacturing operations across our factories, improving first-pass yield and on-time delivery
- Work with key functional partners to continue to develop the strategy, prioritize goals & objectives to optimize process while maintaining or exceeding current standards
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop a strategy and program execution to drive improvement in the customer experiences, on-time delivery and reduced cost of quality failure utilizing lean six sigma toolset
- Support the execution of the operational excellence strategy to align and remain compliant with BHGE Level Quality Management System
- Lead and potentially mentor green belt projects
- Communicate progress, status, and issues to Senior Leadership and functional leaders as required
- Perform data analytics using data from various sources and identify drivers and trends
- As applicable, complete requirements for Black Belt certification
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (or High school diploma + 7 years of experience in areas mentioned below)
- 3+ years experience and demonstrated success/knowledge (areas of experience - Quality, Commercial, Engineering, Sourcing, Manufacturing, Materials etc..)
- Exposure to quality, commercial, manufacturing or engineering processes in a manufacturing plant environment
- Comfortable analyzing and evaluating data to detect trends and take actions
- English proficiency required
- Process simplification experience
- Lean methodology experience
- Internal & External Customer-focused in defining key performance indicators and establishing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to execute with multiple matrixed teams and build consensus / actions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong team player who works to make the entire team successful, regardless of reporting lines, not bound by strict role description and proactively seeks solutions to remove roadblocks
- Able to make executive level presentations
- Strong organizational skills
- Previous GB/BB certification
- SAP/Oracle knowledge
Location: Coimbatore, India
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more