Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
Role Summary/Purpose :
The Valve Engineers will be responsible to configuring Masoneilan control valve actuators / control valve products and/or components to meet special customer requirements. He/she also will be responsible to get approval for his/her designs with chief engineers if required.
- Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, configure, the design or integration required to define and support assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements
- Develop /configure valve / actuator designs and participate in design reviews as needed.
- Define material and quality requirements for the control valve components based on applications and customer requirements.
- Use of design tools (like 2D / 3D CAD (SolidWorks / ProE / UG), Excel, and in-house design calculations
- Work with design team to improve productivity using design automation
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
- Engage with teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives.
- Work seamlessly across other functions/ multiple global sites to help meeting the organization goals / objectives
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Ensure product safety and compliance with global codes, standard and regulations such as ASME, FM, PED, ATEX
- Masters / Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university with a minimum 3 years of experience in an Engineering Design / Analysis / Scientific / Technical Position.
- Must have at least 1 year of Control Valve Design Expertise
Desired Characteristics :
- Strong mechanical engineering / design fundamentals
- Exposure on Valve Design and Requisition Engineering related activities related to instrumentation, materials and coating processes
- Knowledge of pneumatic / hydraulic actuator for valves
- Experience in design automation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong problem solving skills
Location : Coimbatore, India
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more