Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: AUD 60,000 – 70,000 / Per-annum depending on experience
Location: Brisbane, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
To perform field services duties for Oil Search (PNG) Limited Operations including wellhead installation, repair, removal and maintenance as required by Baker Hughes Pressure Control on Baker Hughes and Third Party equipment and abide by all Baker Hughes Pressure Control EHS policies and Work Place Practices.
- Carrying out the repair of Baker Hughes Pressure Control wellhead equipment, including client equipment as requested.
- Perform valve repair, valve lubrication, and wellhead upgrading
- Install, repair, and maintain equipment at the well site.
- Maintain tools, safety equipment and company or Customer vehicle in a clean and serviceable condition;
- Maintain stock of spare-parts in company / customer vehicles for use and sales;
- Maintain inventory levels of spare parts for service and rental;
- Maintain all Baker Hughes and Customer property, including truck, service tools, phone and computer equipment in a clean and ready state;
- Organize, select, arrange shipment of and receive tools and equipment;
- General assembly and testing of equipment in workshop as required;
- Comply with all applicable quality, health, safety and environmental regulations;
- Highlight and demonstrate a full understanding of Baker Hughes PC Q/EHS procedures;
- Perform any additional or special tasks as requested by the Service Supervisor.
- Highlight and demonstrate a full understanding of WGPC Q/HSE procedures.
- Conduct both Company and customer training as required.
- Completion and passing grade of year 12, Mechanical or Fitter Trade Qualification and minimum of 4 years Field Service in similar application and / or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to understand and implement mechanical drawings;
- Experience in the installation and repair of flanged well head systems
- Experience in the installation and repair of SH2, SH3 and Vetco well head systems
- Experience in the installation and repair of Hydraulic and Pneumatic actuators
- Able to confidently run and set , casing slips, and various types of hangers
- Field repairs to gate valves, and other misc. well head equipment
- Working knowledge of RB2 Lubricator - set and un-setting of BPV/TWC
- Working Knowledge of VR plug removal tool
- Understanding and use of 15k Pressure testing pump unit.
- Reasonable written and verbal communication and
- Sound computer knowledge.
- A good level of physical fitness;
- The ability to work independently or within a team; and
- Be able to follow instructions.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more