Skills: Supply Chain Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Make a difference
If you're a Contracts & Procurement professional with experience in the oil and gas industry, then this role is a chance to develop your technical skills whilst working for an industry leader.
What's the role?
The Demand Coordinator position is part of the Contracts & Procurement Function in Shell Australia acting as the Supply Chain focal point for high material use business areas such as Campaigns and Turnarounds.
Some of the key deliverables and responsibilities of this role are:
- Supply Chain focal point for high material use business areas such as Campaigns and Turnarounds.
- Perform Supply Chain analysis (Request to Facility), providing complete visibility of material availability and location within the Supply Chain
- Liaise with Supply Chain stakeholders to ensure priorities are understood and are being worked
- Define, document and rollout process changes to ensure efficient and effective management of materials through the entire supply chain.
- Material Visibility and Assurance of materials throughout the entire Supply Chain for given work scopes.
- Review business reports / tools to understand availability of materials for planned and unplanned demand.
- Interface with Expediting to track and monitor vendors' production/delivery progress against agreed timeline, alert users and liaise with vendors for mitigation should delivery delay becomes unavoidable.
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.
What we need from you
- A seasoned CP professional with good commercial skills and relevant experience in the oil and gas industry covering a mixture of C&P technical and Materials Management disciplines, plus a preference for membership of a professional institution
- Experience in execution of key materials management activities, including; Procurement, contracting, forecasting, lead-time analysis, expediting, assurance and reporting
- Experience in SAP PM work order, work preparation and scheduling processes
- High level knowledge of SAP MM, RLM and QM modules is a must
- Good knowledge in generating the Demand Management Report and coaching the business in its use.
- Experience in monitoring material delivery performance KPI's against targets
- Experience in identifying methods to optimise material management process improvement.
- Experience in liaising with the Business on material management and logistics strategy
Crucial to the success of this role is the ability to work collaboratively and lead effectively across multi-functional teams and interface with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, based in various locations, and being able to work autonomously.
If you have these skills, qualifications, the specialist competencies and experience relevant to the petroleum, gas and energy sectors we would love to hear from you.
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video