Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Responsible for providing a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and timeliness in collections for US/Canada Global Drilling and related Drilling Services.
Will assist the Manager of Credit & Collections in other duties related to credit and collections.
All duties are performed in full compliance and accordance with corporate policies, internal controls, and/or external regulatory reporting requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as functional lead on customer account management - credit and collections
- Meets directly with non-major customers as needed to discuss account status overall
- Participates in monthly AR Aging reviews with key business unit stakeholders
- Performs Credit/Bid Risk assessments in Salesforce
- Generates monthly collection status reports for review by Manager of Credit & Collections and makes recommendations for next action required
- Generate and reviews credit reports on new customers using industry recognized credit monitoring tools and websites - making recommendations for credit limits/terms
- Access Oracle reports for use in preparing trade credit references for current and former customers in compliance with regulatory disclosure requirements
- Monitor overall status of electronic portal and eInvoicing logs for reporting of unresolved exceptions and abnormal payment delays to Manager of Credit & Collections
- Backup to AR - Coordinators on cash applications
- Coordinates Demand Letter issuance with Legal and monitoring of mineral lien deadlines for making recommendations to management for further action
- SME Lead on various AR system upgrades and implementations
- Processes customer refunds and coordinates with business unit for proper accounting
- Leads the onboarding of new Coordinators and provides hands-on training
- Serves as backup to Manager of Credit & Collections, as needed
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Associates Degree or 5+ years of credit analysis experience in a corporate environment
- 5+ years of billing experience using a major ERP AR module
- 3+ years of cash applications experience using a major ERP AR module
- Basic Microsoft Excel
- Oracle AR Module expertise
- Credit Business Association (CBA) or other credit professional designation
- Oil and gas industry experience
- Customer service-oriented
- Detail oriented, high degree of accuracy in performance of duties
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to maintain effective working relationships
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Adaptable to change
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/deadlines - effective time management skills
Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS
Office environment, able to work overtime and on special projects as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties of the position. The requirements above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and use hands. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision and distance vision.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs