Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Panama City, Florida, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Production Planner must be able to take input and direction from various sources; prioritize tasks to meet manufacturing production schedules and the division business objectives; and optimize opportunities to improve cost, quality, delivery performance, department efficiencies, and overall service.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and action MRP messages in PeopleSoft
- Work with master scheduler to ensure that all production shortages and conflicts are mitigated in order to achieve production goals
- Maintain PeopleSoft bills of materials based on engineering data
- Maintain item master data in PeopleSoft
- Generate and release production work orders in accordance with production schedule
- Manage WIP orders throughout their lifecycle in production, including reconciliation of issues, returns, and variances of materials
- Create pick plans for warehouse movements and issues
- Record completions and scrap for operations
- Data entry of material information into PeopleSoft
- Work with project managers to evaluate, reconcile, and report on project specific production information
- HS diploma or GED required
- At least 5 years experience in Production Control (e.g., MRP, master production scheduling, FAS, shop floor control, demand management, production planning) in a manufacture-to-order environment
- Port security clearance and ability to obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Credentials) Card is required
- BS degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or Business Management preferred
- Experience in industrial or manufacturing engineering, experience with PeopleSoft or Oracle manufacturing control systems, and experience in the manufacture of large capital goods is highly desirable
- Professional certification such as the APICS CPIM or CSCP and PMI's CAPM are preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office programs, especially Excel, is preferred
This position is considered SHOP/INDOORS which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
• Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection
• Repetitive movements of arms and hands
• Sit with back supported
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.