The QA/QC Technician II - Dimensional will be responsible for inspect and identify any manufacturing quality defects & generate NCR's (Non-Conformance Reports) for componentsEssential Responsibilities:
- Work to quality assurance procedures & engineering specifications, etc. as specified
- Work in partnership with manufacturing management to eliminate the causes of quality problems
- Work from complex blueprints and specification documents, using precision measuring instruments and/or industry-recognized processes, to achieve dimensional and visual inspection of materials and products
- Inspect precision-machined parts and assemblies to ensure conformance to design specifications, including tolerances, physical criteria, etc.
- Operate dimensional inspection instruments (i.e. portable, stand-alone, gantry, and shop CMMs)
- Ability to read and correctly interpret prints / drawings & specifications
- Comply with all applicable quality, health, safety, and environmental regulations
- Perform other related duties as assigned or indicated by responsibilities
- Perform all duties as assigned by management
- Serve as mentor for other in-training QA/QC Technicians if needed
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in related manufacturing or inspection roles.
- Experience with dimensional inspection using manual gages, portable, stand-alone, gantry, and/or shop CMMs.
- Understand Work Orders and ability to read and correctly interpret prints/ drawings & specifications
- WIS, CWI or CAWI certified
- CMM Inspection programming, operating & analyzing experience
- Past training/education in the areas detailed on the Manufacturing Training Matrix (MTM)
- VGI certified in Level II in UT, PT, and MT
- Excellent written and oral presentations skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more