Set up and operate various types of conventional machines to perform production-machining operations where sequences, set-up methods, material and tooling are specified by process drawings, shop orders and other document.Essential Responsibilities:
- Be skilled in building, troubleshooting, repairing, preventive maintenance and have good working knowledge of a machine shop with little or no supervision
- Read and interpret blueprints and specifications.
- Be capable of studying specifications such as engineering drawings, sketches, sample parts or models. Compute plan dimensions, and perform machining of components using drill press, milling machine, lathe, grinder, saw and other machines
- Examine defective parts to determine cause of defect and repair or maintenance of the machine
- Use measuring equipment (to include tape measure, micrometer etc.) for verification of parts to specification. Must be able to design, layout, fabricate and assemble tools, jigs and fixtures for a variety of parts
- Complete required documentation with accurate information such as routers, labor reporting, checklists and inspection reports
- Inspect work to ensure conformity to requirements.
- Exhibit good housekeeping and safety practices
- Comply with all applicable quality, health, safety and environmental regulations
- Perform other related duties as assigned or indicated by responsibilities
- Perform all duties as assigned by management
- Will be in the shop environment at least 8 hours per day, primarily standing
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years of directly-related manual machinist experience
- Be capable of studying specifications such as engineering drawings, sketches, sample parts or models.
- Compute plan dimensions, and perform machining of components using drill press, milling machine, lathe, grinder, saw and other machine.
- Use measuring equipment (to include tape measure, micrometer etc.) for verification of parts to specification.
- Must be able to design, layout, fabricate and assemble tools, jigs and fixtures for a variety of parts
- Ability and willingness to travel to such locations and with such frequency as the employer determines necessary or desirable to meet its business needs, as required
- Ability and willingness to read and correctly interpret prints / drawings and specifications
- Ability and willingness to lift objects that weigh up to 35 lbs. on a repetitive basis
- Ability and willingness to push and pull parts hanging from the crane that weigh from 35 lbs. up to 10,000 lbs.
- Ability and willingness to pull on wrenches to secure parts in machine
- Must obtain forklift license to operate company forklift
- Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T)
- Ability to review a sketch and develop a program to perform a machining operation.
- Proficient in inspection equipment and techniques.
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry
- Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut and enter commands to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control media
- Be self-motivated with little direct supervision
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more