This position has the primary responsibility for overseeing environmental and safety compliance and the implementation of Targa ES&H management systems to ensure protection of human health and the environment. The position works directly with engineering, operations, and corporate ES&H on new projects, ongoing compliance, and local advocacy. Job Responsibilities
The responsibilities of this position include the following:
Health and Safety:
- Site contact for all ES&H activities including emergency response, incident and emissions event reporting.
- Participating and/or leading incident reporting and investigations, including Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Assist Process Safety Management Department (PSM) with implementation of PSM related activities.
- Managing and driving to completion open action items that result from PSM Audits, PHAs and other compliance Audits.
- Coordinate training of employees, including new hire orientations and monthly safety meetings, on ES&H requirements to ensure compliance with regulations and corporate safety programs and policies.
- Assist with internal and external compliance audits, as needed.
- Advise management, operations, and project/maintenance teams to assure compliance with federal, state, local and organizational rules and regulations pertaining to employee health and safety, acting as the local subject matter expert or resource.
- Implementation and auditing of OSHA programs and policies as well as local and state programs.
- Perform behavior-based safety observations.
- Assist with construction, contractors, shutdowns, confined space entries, critical lifts and other high priority jobs.
- Evaluate working conditions and recommend improvements in safety and health methods, practices, and procedures.
- Actively promote safe and environmentally friendly work processes within the facilities.
- Conduct Emergency Response drills and work with local emergency response agencies.
- Assure that various reports are filed with appropriate agencies in accordance with applicable safety regulations including specific requirements of permits or regulations for the various facilities.
- Assist other ES&H team members with company initiatives and overall implementation of ES&H Department Goals.
- Regular and Reliable Attendance.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Prepare and submit Tier 2 reports.
- Monitor and coordinate with Environmental Supervisor on compliance with SPCC and SWPPP plans.
- Team with regional Environmental Specialist for on-site awareness of DMR data, monitoring of SPCC Plans and SWPPP.
- Responsible for data collection, coordinating sampling, and working with regional, corporate ESH staff, or consultants who prepare the permit applications.
- Be responsible in the region for communicating operational and project issues to the Environmental Specialist and Regional Environmental Supervisor.
- Assist with spill response and remediation activities, as needed.
- Monitor and work with Environmental Specialist on the site waste management plan, generator standards, and complete annual hazardous waste report.
- Assist in compliance assurance for regional environmental permits and work to develop understanding of New Source Review Permits and Title V permits.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- B.S. in Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Physics or Environmental Science or Safety. Will consider other candidates that have 5+ years of related job experience in consulting or industry that can demonstrate a solid knowledge of plant operations and equipment and present themselves as a self-starter with a desire to learn new things.
- Intermediate level desktop computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than your current employer.
- Physical ability to work out in the plant site and accompany regulators on plant tours.
- Fluent English verbal and written skills.
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills
- Ability to travel away from the area overnight periodically for training and company meetings.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- 3+ years of direct job experience
- Direct experience in consulting or related industry
- A collaborative personality, ready to work in teams and with others to solve problems.
- OSHA Certifications
- Previous training classes in air quality, water quality, permit compliance, or remediation
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company as well as organizations outside the company (regulatory agencies, contractors, consultants).
- Effective project management skills
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.