Skills: IT - Programming & Database, IT - Software Development
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Senior Embedded Engineer
Houston, TX and Charlottesville, VA
My client is looking for a Senior Embedded Engineer to be responsible to architect, design and develop industrial rated network equipment related to our product platform and work with and support our growing customers. The ideal candidate for this position would share our passion in the creation of innovative product in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment. This role offers the opportunity to work with a highly effective team of security professionals at an exciting company aimed at protecting mission critical industrial systems.
- Analysis of the requirements, architecture definition, design and debugging of our networking cybersecurity devices.
- Development of source code targeting our devices.
- Analyzing and profiling existing designs and architecture to help us increase existing performance and provide insight into go forward design.
- Proactively collect, research, and document new network security features/technologies for appropriate adoption.
- Monitor and test network/application performance to identify and support the
development of optimizations.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for support and problem
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a fulltime
basis. We are unable to provide sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or technical equivalent
- Programming experience in C/C++ for embedded systems including development of algorithms and implementation of highly optimized code.
- Experience and comprehensive understanding of the Linux device tree, writing Linux device drivers for both USB and PCIe and board bring-up as well as boot loader technology for monolithic image-based updates.
- Familiarity and experience with modern agile software development methodologies and practices is preferred.
- Experience with ARM or equivalent embedded microcontroller architectures.
- Knowledge of Linux embedded design using Yocto highly desired.
- Knowledge and experience in Python and shell scripting a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience working with IP network routing, switching and system protocols including TCP/IP, UDP, VLANs, Spanning Tree, Serial, USB, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of networking and general technical security practices.
Status: Full-time position is immediately open.
Locations: Houston, TX and Charlottesville, VA
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Participation in the Company Stock Option Plan
- Company Health Plan (Medical, Vision, Dental)
Paid vacation plus standard company holidays
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Petroplan is an established Global Recruitment Organization supplying technical manpower and administrative services to the oil, gas and petro-chemical industries. Formed in 1976, Petroplan has over three decades’ experience and knowledge of global staffing markets to support feasibility studies through engineering and construction to ongoing operations and maintenance contracts.
Petroplan holds major global supply agreements with leading oil, gas and chemical operators and main contractors on a sole or preferred supplier basis. Our network of offices and strategic partner organizations provide on-the-ground support for clients and contracted individuals and teams in over 30 worldwide locations.
Our key discipline areas, which we regularly recruit for our clients, cover all phases of oil and gas exploration, production and refining projects:
Please visit us at www.petroplan.com for further information on our services and current vacancies.