Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design, development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and equipment for astronauts; including life support and environmental control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA's Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Space Systems (OSS). This position is located in Clear Lake, Texas.
Working under limited supervision, the Engineer will identify challenges related to the use of silver ions as a biocide in spacecraft potable water systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work as part of a small team researching and developing solutions to challenges related to the use of silver ions as a biocide in spacecraft potable water systems. The principal challenges are in material compatibility, sensing, and dosing systems (passive, chemical, and/or electrochemical).
- Perform research on theoretical concepts to aid in design of experiments.
- Design and conduct laboratory experiments, collect and analyze the data, and report results in papers and presentations.
- Participate in test rig design and parts specification.
- Design, and develop externally-designed, solutions to the challenges.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and at least 5 years experience.
- Knowledge or experience in electrochemistry.
- Testing and/or applied research experience.
- Data analysis skills.
- Technical writing skills.
- Attentiveness to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in interdisciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exhibit the qualities of creativity, curiosity, and personal initiative.
- Knowledge or experience in materials science (e.g., material composition, surface properties, heat and surface treatments, etc.).
- Knowledge or experience in materials manufacturing (e.g., coatings, raw material manufacture, etc.).
- Experience working in a laboratory environment.
- LabVIEW use and programming experience.
- Knowledge or experience with potable water treatment.
- Familiarity with microbiology concepts.
- Experience with NASA, Johnson Space Center policies and procedures.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.