Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
OneSubsea Aberdeen currently have exciting opportunities for Mechanical Engineers to take on a technical role within the full life cycle of product development from concept design to delivery at all levels. Working as part of a fast-paced Engineering team, the Mechanical Engineer will take on the following tasks to Design, Develop and Qualify Subsea Life of Field Equipment.
- Use creative design techniques to efficiently develop novel solutions to problems.
- Participate in the full design process from initial concept generation to product commercialization.
- Conduct or participate in technical reviews of equipment, requirements and specifications.
- Undertake checking of drawings and BOMs of work performed by peers to ensure adherence to contractual requirements as well as specified standards.
- Perform/check pressure vessel and structural lifting calculations using classical and/or finite element analysis.
- Create and maintain product documentation including requirements, specifications, design, test procedures and results.
- Proactively maintain schedules, deadlines, and risk registers.
- Provide support to other departments, working alongside Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Sales.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Comply with all applicable company policies, including Quality Systems and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering (Masters preferred).
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Working knowledge of Subsea production systems.
- Good working knowledge of design for manufacture and assembly.
- Capable user of CAD for creation of 3D designs and 2D manufacturing drawings.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience of Inventor 3D, AutoCAD 2D, Mathcad, Ansys.
- Experience in the technical design and development of subsea oil and gas products including pressure vessel and structural analysis (API 6A, API 17D, API 17H ASME VIII, DNVGL-ST-E273).
- Experience in the design and development of retrievable Subsea equipment and/or chokes.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.