The Completions Well Intervention & Well Integrity Team is part of the Wells Function (which is made up of Drilling, Completions, and Well Repairs). In Azerbaijan, well repair jobs include well surveillance, well integrity and well work. The existing well stock is made-up of ~150 wells in ACG Field and the Shah Deniz Gas Development. Well stock includes oil production wells, gas production wells, water injection wells and gas injection wells. Gas lift is in-place for some ACG wells.
The Senior Well Intervention & Well Integrity Engineer reports directly to the Completion and Intervention Engineering Team Leader. The focus of the role is detailed job planning and design consistent with both BP and Industry Standards. Teamwork is essential with other Wells Function Teams, Resource Base Management and Operations. Cross-function teamwork helps continuously manage hazards and risks. Managing safety and operational risk prior to job execution is part of our remit. An essential part of the Senior Engineer is as a Technical Coach, developing the next generation of Azerbaijan National Well Intervention Engineers.
The role holder is also required sporadically and in specific instances to be offshore during a job.Key Accountabilities:
Essential education and criteria:
- Lead well intervention candidates through the BP appropriate readiness stage gate process.
- Proactive teamwork with Base Management Team and other Wells Functional Teams identifying and developing production improvement opportunities and statement of requirements.
- Engineering design, planning, preparing and assuring in accordance with BP Policies and Standards.
- Detailed written engineering programs consistent with delivering Safe, Compliant and Reliable wells.
- Fit for purpose Statement of Requirements for Diagnostic or repair.
- Lead pre-planning job meetings with Well Operation Teams for assessments and risk mitigation.
- Identify/Investigate/Interpret anomalous annulus pressure trends.
- Provide technical and operational support during job execution.
- Lead before and after well reviews and well stock evaluation.
- Capture and share lessons learned.
- Ensure suitable quality assurance and control of equipment & service provider personnel.
- Technical coach mentoring in consistent with BP Values and Behaviours for Azerbaijan National Well Intervention Engineers
- Bachelor of Science (Engineering Degree) or equivalent.
- Valid Well Intervention Pressure Control certification - International Well Control Federation Certification (IWCF) or International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC) Well CAP.
- Minimum 10 years of global oil & gas experience with emphasis on Completions, Well Intervention, Well Integrity (and field operations.
- Minimum 3-years directly involved with field operations (Slickline, Electric line, Coiled tubing, Pumping) practical and on-site experience.
- Demonstrated experience on selecting, introducing, testing and implementing new technology in the field.
- Demonstrated experience on assuming roles above the grade (Acting Cell lead or TL).
- Demonstrated experience in Vendor management as Contract Accountable Manager (CAM role)
- Demonstrable experience managing/leading risk assessments.
- Working knowledge of computer programs and systems Word, Excel, Power point.
- Demonstrated technical writing reports (BOD's, SPE papers.)
- Demonstrated effective team working and communication skills.
- Fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking).