Skills: Maintenance Manager
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Whiting, Indiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Senior Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the safe and efficient execution of maintenance work. This is accomplished through the coordination of several resources including peers, craft people, contractors and operations staff. The Senior Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Execution leads a group of hourly personnel for executing routine maintenance, small project and TAR work in the Whiting Refinery. The Senior Supervisor also manages the risk assessment for the routine maintenance effort in the refinery and is the champion for the maintenance execution processes in the Whiting Refinery. The Senior Maintenance Supervisor will also mentor the other supervisors on the execution team while modeling BP values and behaviors.
The role of the Senior Maintenance Supervisor is to execution planned and scheduled routine maintenance work in the refinery. This includes coordination of maintenance activities with the Planning and Scheduling Organization, as well as Operations personnel. He or she is accountable for on the job training and performance of the craft people reporting to them. He or she is responsible for the performance and efficiency of any contractors performing work for them. This includes the following safe work practices for the crafts and standard maintenance procedures that the crafts will utilize.
Normal duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform maintenance work in a safe, efficient and effective manner according to plan and ensuring quality of work performed.
- Prepare and conduct safety meetings and act promptly on safety issues.
- Investigate accidents and near-misses.
- Maintain a clean, safe worksite, and ensure adequate housekeeping.
- Responsible for job preparation activities, including assignment of craftsmen to jobs, reviewing scope of work, identifying and communicating changes to plan, verifying availability of materials and tools, and confirming schedule viability.
- Accountable for work team's well-being and performance for up to 12-person crew.
- Ensure job package documentation is accurate and that compete data is captured regarding repair work, equipment data, changes to plan, QA/QC requirements, and recommendations for future work.
- Participate in scheduling meetings to review and commit to schedule, as well as provide status on ongoing jobs to the Assert Team.
- Cooperatively work with Craft Team Leaders and peers to optimize the use of craftsmen both within the area and across the site.
- Work collaboratively with team to perform maintenance work and continuously reduce backlog.
- Identifying changes in scope and appropriate course of action to minimize schedule impacts.
- Ensure the appropriate technical resources are notified and consulted as required.
- Ensure that the Asset Team is satisfied with work performed before equipment is returned to service.
- Develop and report assigned performance measures and use information to identify and institute improvements.
- May be required to work off-shift and weekend assignments.
- Responsible for payroll and schedule updates for their crews
- Jointly responsible with crafts for setting up & walking down LOTO to support upcoming work
- Ensure overall productivity of the crews and resolve issues quickly & efficiently
- Responsible for overall QA process and reporting during field execution work
- Promptly address any performance or disciplinary issues with assigned crew
- Actively participate in scheduling, commitment and lookback meetings.
- Shares, collaborates and provides input regarding work plans and work documentation
- Responsible for adherence and improvement of established work methods and work processes
- Recommends improved job methods, techniques, tools, and equipment for improving overall maintenance effectiveness
- Identify changes in scope and appropriate course of action to minimize schedule impacts
- Ensure a proactive focus towards equipment maintenance
- Provide Backfill Coverage for Maintenance Superintendent
Essential Functions / Key Accountabilities
- Achieves HSSE goals and adheres to policies
- Accountable for personnel safety.
- Champions BP Values and Behaviors
- Responsible for regularly giving craft people feedback on performance both positive and corrective including example of what was good or needs improvement
- Accountable for execution of routine maintenance schedule execution
- Regularly develops and implements improved job methods, techniques, tools and equipment for improving overall maintenance effectiveness
- Ensures a proactive focus to equipment maintenance
- Manages efficient completion of scheduled work; responsible for job preparation activities including assignment of craftsmen to jobs, reviewing scope of work, identifying and communicating changes to plan, verifying availability of materials and tools, and confirming schedule viability
- Responsible for attending and participating in the maintenance work process including scheduling, commitment and look back meetings in support of efficient work execution.
- Responsible for reviewing maintenance KPI's with the maintenance superintendent.
- Accountable for the safe execution of Routine maintenance
- Accountable for identifying, developing and implementing Maintenance Execution strategies within the refinery that support and complement existing processes or identifying, developing and recommending changes to those processes to drive efficiency.
- Accountable for mechanical and or I&E craft resources in the refinery, including apprenticeship, training, and records keeping (BP and Contractor).
- Accountable to adhere to established work processes, monitor and manage performance to related KPI's.
- Accountable to adhere to established QA/QC processes, monitor and manage performance to related KPI's.
- Responsible for executing maintenance jobs within established budgets.
- Communicate Whiting's business goals in a powerful and engaging manner and act as a role model for the BP Leadership Framework.
- As a member of the Maintenance Team drive improvement in the Maintenance Division processes and contribute to the development and implementation of site-wide initiatives.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, technical degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years' experience within refinery, petrochemical or Heavy Industry