BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our MPO (Major Project Operations) team. MPO's mission is to support safe design and quality builds in our GPO (Global Projects Organization) major projects. As a maintenance engineer in the MPO RM&I (Reliability, Maintenance and Integrity) team, you will be responsible for delivering the maintenance build and ensuring reliability and maintenance is incorporated in the design. You will use digital tools that will lead a mindshift change in the way we use technology to modernize our work force and stretch the capabilities of our current operations. You will collaborate with peers within the Region and across the globe to ensure that every project we deliver is safer, more operable and easier to maintain than the last one.Key Accountabilities:
- Incorporate reliability and maintenance input into trade-off decisions for equipment selection and specification including equipment criticality reviews, condition based monitoring requirements, plant sparing, levels of redundancy, TAR Strategy, standardization and major component selection based on life cycle costing
- Takes ownership of the Production Availability model (RAM), ensuring the model is applied when Engineering are making key trade-off decisions on design & equipment selection as well as ensuring the RAM is to standard before handing off to the regional Inspection and Maintenance Manager
- Develop Condition Based Monitoring (CBM) strategy and requirements to be included in the RFQs (Request for Quotation), feed all CBM data requirements into the Supplier Deliverables Requirements Master process (SDMRL) and oversee the implementation of the CBM program, including the capturing of baseline data
- Develops life cycle costs for all equipment and feeds into the OPEX prediction
- Provide input to spare parts and preservation requirements for equipment in time for issue of purchase orders. Apply spares analysis to determine the optimum critical (insurance) spares holding. Ensure accurate and complete data for spare parts within the CMMS and the purchasing system.
- Complete criticality assessment in order to derive a criticality rating for systems and equipment within the facility. Safety/Environmental Critical Equipment and Production/Business Critical Equipment is clearly defined and documented
- Develop and assign risk-based reliability strategies for installed equipment, utilizing Equipment Strategies and FMECA techniques. The strategies are based on the standard Central process with a standard set of tools to develop the strategy and will require leadership for the development of Job Plans, Planned Maintenance Routines (PMR's) and Maintenance Procedures. Provide an auditable justification of the program at the time of project handover
- Carry out Maintainability reviews on packages and systems and implement findings
- Provide subject matter input to the Mechanical Handling requirements and the Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) program
- Lead the Maintenance assignment review and manage resource scheduling and smoothing for the Maintenance & Integrity builds
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Engineering or relevant science degree
- Professional or Chartered Engineer
- Demonstrable track record and competency in maintenance roles.
- Experience with development and deployment of a maintenance systems.
- Ability to engage and work with operations personnel, stakeholders and project contractors / suppliers.
- Excellent facilitation skills with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the project and operations teams.
- Attention to detail.
- Familiarity with subsea systems and offshore topsides interfaces with these systems, including instrumentation requirements, control systems, chemical injection.
- Stakeholder management and interface management
- Multi discipline background
- Previous major project experience, preferred.