Lead BP in our ambitious plans to modernize and transform our business using digital technologies to drive efficiency and developing new business models!
Your role will be the key to supporting and accelerating the digital transformation agenda of the Retail Business and will significantly influence the way IT will support BP's Fuels Retail Business.
In this position, You are the architecture lead for our most critical projects or services. A technologist at-heart, you are passionate about planning and building compelling services and products.
You will motivate and inspire a project delivery team to deliver robust and cost-effective IT solutions. The choices you make will define the fitness for purpose of our IT capabilities and ultimately the success of our business.
You will work with business and IT experts to seek for the optimum solutions across markets. You will also help drive the organization forward to a dev/ops and agile setup.
You believe that delivering an effective solution depends on a deep understanding of business need, rigorous project planning but with a bias for short-term action and fostering effective relationships. You will operate in a dynamic and delivery focused environment, with the resources of one of the world's most forward-thinking IT departments and leading IT vendors at your fingertips. You are confident and comfortable working across cultures and can help make sure the voice of each team member is heard.
At IT&S, all the roles are within Chapters. While your role will continue to remain within the Chapter, your initial activities described below may change over time.Architecture Lead
Joining our IT&S team as an Architecture Lead you will have the following responsibilities
What we are looking for in the Architecture Lead role:
- Team: You lead a delivery team by influence. You will play an integral role in building the team's skillset while demonstrating your leadership values through delegation, motivation and trust. You will not just lead, but you will \"do\". Our culture is exploring, thinking and doing, and you will live this every single day.
- Architecture: You develop solution architectures, seeking practical options that optimize and reuse capabilities. You will care passionately about the integrity of the IT capabilities you develop.
- Relationships: You will build strong relationships across the business and IT. You will understand the long-term needs of the solution you are developing, and enable delivery by building a rapport with team members both inside and outside of BP.
- Technology: You are an excellent technologist, you have a passion for understanding and learning. You will bring unique hands-on skills in key technologies, and an ability to rapidly assess new technologies with a commercial mindset.
- Safety and Compliance: Safety of our people and our customers is our highest priority. We will advocate and help ensure our architectures, designs and processes enhance a culture of operational safety and improve our digital security.
- A Bachelor's (or higher) degree from a recognized institute of higher learning, ideally focused in Computer Science, MIS/IT, Mathematics or a hard science;
- Located in Germany, Spain or Poland (other locations may be considered);
- 3-5 years of Architecture Design Experience;
- Defined and managed reference architectures;
- Fluent English;
- Additional language knowledge of Spanish / Polish / German is an advantage;
- A confirmed background in architecture with real-world experience of architecting, designing, and delivering large IT projects. You love envisaging the art of the possible and making that a reality;
- Deep-seated functional knowledge of key technology sets. You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves, getting involved, and diving into delivery challenges;
- You accomplish outstanding project outcomes in a supportive and encouraging culture;
- Preferred technical knowledge: Retail related systems, JDE, ISO, Cloud based designs.
In IT&S we are committed to providing flexibility for our employees. Agile or flexible working encompasses a wide range of working options which support individuals in reaching their full potential. It is more than ad-hoc home office opportunity or part-time working possibility, it is about finding the best way and role modelling BP's IT technology to get a job done, that works well for both our business and our employees.If you have further questions please contact the hiring manager or the recruiter about the flexible working arrangements possible in this role
Apply now to our team and lead BP through the biggest modernisation of our decade!