Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Zhuhai, Guangdong, China
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Responsible for managing a large team to establish and implement programmes to deliver safe, reliable and compliant operations and ensure the maintenance of HS&E management systems and regulatory compliance, contributing to strategic development for HS&E and driving the safety behaviours to ensure the business is informed and focused on managing safety and reducing risk.Key Accountabilities
v To design and establish an HSSE organization commensurate with site risks and activities.
v To lead establishing and enhancing a positive HSSE culture.
v Contribute to site leadership team in setting direction.
v Mentor/coach SLT in HSSE behaviours.
v Mentor, coach and train HSSE staff to attain suitable competency levels.
v Establish HSSE monitoring/self-verification systems.
v Establish and maintain relevant BP and external networks.
v Ensures sufficient resources and capabilities in place to maintain ISO accreditations.
v Nominated as site SPA for HSSE issues.
v Provides practical advice on HSSE issues to all departments and key contractors.
v Ensure site has a suitable risk reduction program in place based on MAR Study.
v Ensure suitable and sufficient measures and organizations are in place to deal with foreseeable emergencies.
v Ensure 18 month HSSE rolling plan in place and executed.
a. Educational background
Degree in relevant engineering discipline. Post graduate qualification strongly preferred.
Recognized diploma/degree in occupational safety and health.
a. Experience (years and nature)
At least 15 years individual experience in a manufacturing/production environment, at least 5 of which should have been within a major hazard site. At least 5 years' experience in a HSSE role.
• Rapidly identifies key issues in a complex situation, Makes the complex simple.
• Uses creative/innovative approach and effective judgment to identify, define and resolve complex problems.
• Identifies and defines complex multi-disciplinary problems, effectively accounting for poor quality information when necessary.
• Makes technical and /or business decisions based on an understanding of risk which impact operations or results of a major project.
• Consistently seeks out problems in the making and resolves them before they arise.
• Able to work well under sustained pressure with conflicting demands, optimizing resources and responding to fast changing circumstances.
• Pursues information to reduce uncertainty and find ways to continually improve performance.
• Aware of strengths and weaknesses of BP's main competitors.
• Takes a strategic view of expenditure and controls cost-effectiveness at a business unit level. Champions improved techniques of cost management.
• Understands impact of decisions and or project outcomes on strategies, operations and budgets.
• Has sound business judgment - recognizes attractive options based on experience rather than rigorous analysis (ie, business instinct).
• Provides a clear sense of direction for the team, in the context of wider business objectives, agreeing clear objectives and tracking progress.
• Solicits input from employees on the goals and functioning of the area.
• Uses complex strategies, such as indirect influence to build consensus and support.
• Uses a wide range and depth of technical or specialized knowledge, providing technical leadership and expert advice to others.
• Works to resolve conflicts and differences within the group.
v Technical Competencies
• Very good understanding of chemical process systems.
• Excellent understand of GHSER.
• Very good understanding of process safety requirements..
• Excellent HSSE coach/mentor.
• Ability to develop and implement HSSE plans.
• Able to interpret complex HSSE law to practical application.
• Excellent investigation skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Recognized as an HSSE expert within the BU.
v Strong passion for HSSE.
v Understand and reacts to cultural difference.
v Demonstrates cultural sensitivity and has experience in a variety of cultural environments.