Skills: IT - Programming & Database, IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
BP has embarked on an ambitious plan to modernize and transform using digital technologies to drive efficiency, effective and new business models. You are the Designer for our most critical projects or services. A technologist at heart, you build compelling services and products. You will motivate a project delivery team to deliver robust and cost-effective IT solutions. You will stay ahead of innovative technologies and demonstrate your understanding through effective and rapid delivery. The choices you make will define the fitness for purpose of our IT capabilities and ultimately the success of our business.
You believe that delivering an effective solution depends on a deep understanding of business need and rigorous project planning with a bias for short-term action and fostering relationships. You will operate in a dynamic and delivery-focused environment, with the resources of one of the world's most forward-thinking IT departments and leading IT vendors at your fingertips.
At IT&S, all the roles are within Chapters. While your role will continue to remain within the Chapter, your initial activities described below may change over time.
- You will work within an Agile Dev-Ops squad initially focused on Source-to-Pay solutions (SAP Ariba, SAP ECC, SAP SRM, SAP MDG, OpenText VIM). Experience and good knowledge of Technical Integration (i.e. ABAP, PI, CIG, API) will be desirable.
- This role will require you to lead and communicate efficiently with our Business Users, Development Teams, Product Owners, Service Owners and 3rd party vendors in different time zones across BP.
- Strong end-to-end Source-to-Pay Process knowledge (sourcing, procurement, category management, Accounts Payable, etc) will be desirable.
- You will be required to lead and provide guidance assignment to other team members.
Team: You will work as part of a delivery team and play an integral role in building the team's skillset including your own. You will grow and develop the capability of your team by helping to design and deliver the most Agile and commercially cost-effective solutions. Our culture is exploring, thinking and doing, and you will live this every day.
Design: You rigorously identify and facilitate the development of solutions which aim to optimize and re-use business capabilities. You will care passionately about the integrity of the IT capabilities you develop. You will work with the support teams to gather business requirements and will build and develop technical solutions to support these.
Relationships: You will contribute to the solution building process by ensuring it is well-understood by key stakeholders and colleagues from within and outside the business. You will developa strong workingrapportwith other team members to drive innovative initiatives. The role requires ability to influence and inspire change in a positive, impactful way.
Technology: You have a passion for understanding and learning. You will bring good hands-on skills in key technologies, and an ability to rapidly assess and identify the potential of new technologies with a commercial mindset. A keen interest in emerging technologies and desire to help shape our digital vision is essential.
Safety and Compliance: The safety of our people and customers is our highest priority. We will champion a culture of operational safety and ensure our architectures, designs and processes enhance and improve our digital security.Essential Education:
- Ideally, you'll have a Bachelor's (or higher) degree, preferably in Computer Science, MIS/IT, Mathematics or a hard science and/or relevant work experience.
- You'll have 5+ years' experience in a relevant role or roles.
- You'll have a background in system design with real-world experience of designing and delivering large IT projects. You love envisaging the art of the possible and making that a reality.
- You have functional knowledge of key technology sets. You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves, getting involved and diving into delivery challenges.
- You achieve exceptional project outcomes in a respectful and supportive culture.
- You have a proven grasp of development and design thinking in an Agile environment. You adapt delivery techniques to drive outstanding project delivery.
- You have good interpersonal skills including the ability to relate complex topics in simple and accessible language.
- Requirements Definition and Management
- Systems Design
- Technical Specialism
- Professional Development
- Systems Integration
- Data Analysis
- Database Design
- Emerging Technology Monitoring
- User Experience Analysis
- Business Risk Management
- Capacity Management
- Network Design
- Service Acceptance
- Systems Development Management
- Business Modelling
Leadership and EQ:
- You embrace a culture of change and agility, evolving continuously, adapting to our changing world.
- You are an effective team player, looking beyond your own area/organizational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others, while understanding cultural differences.
- You continually enhance your self-awareness and seek input from others on your impact and effectiveness.
- Well organized, you balance proactive and reactive approaches and multiple priorities to complete tasks on time.
- You apply judgment and common sense - you use insight and good judgment to inform actions and respond to situations as they arise.
- You comply with BP's Code of Conduct and demonstrate strong leadership through BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.
- You have worked with architects and designers to adopt reference architecture.
- You are proficient in one or more relevant skills or competences. You bring deeper and more comprehensive experience, specifically in more complex and bigger projects and in managing people.