Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
A Salesforce Software Administrator works within a team to provide guidance and development team assistance in continual improvement of processes and adoption using our Force.com platform. The Administrator will work closely with Product Owners, Service Owners, our Development team and Commercial users to identify, develop and deploy new business processes targeted at bringing the customer to the forefront of BP IST. This role is part technical manager, scrum analyst, salesforce analyst and support contact for our customer platform.
- Serve as the primary system administrator for the Salesforce.com environment with >300 users globally across a stack of instances
- Act as primary BA to Product owners in understanding business readiness of development and delivery of the product backlogs
- Point of contact for all first line administrative functions, including but not limited to: user accounts, reports, dashboards, workflows and other key commercial needs
- Completion of regular internal system audits, data feeds, object health and redundancies
- Partnership with BP's institutional center for enablement to establish suitable process to support administrative, development, and change management activities
- Assist in training of new users and growing the Salesforce.com skillset across BP IST
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but any candidate with relevant experience in Salesforce development will also be considered.
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes
- Understanding of Salesforce security model, user profiles and permission sets as they related to object viewing, sharing and reporting
- With business and platform leadership, assist in the estimation of work effort, determination of required resources, and help with realistic deployment schedules
- Knowledge of cloud computing (SaaS, PaaS) and Salesforce.com, either through work at industry participants or consulting to the industry
- Salesforce.com Admin (ADM201 and ADM211) certified
- Sales Cloud Developer certification preferred
- System Design - Preferably with experience or understanding of design thinking methods
- Documented history of independently maintaining platform readiness
- Hands on experience with IDE's like Eclipse, APEX Explorer or Visual Studio
- Application Support - Maintaining products through a DevOps way of working
- Previous experience working in a SCRUM or agile team preferred
- Familiarity or hands on experience in the energy sector and basic knowledge of energy sales
- Release and Deployment management following SDLC methods
- Systems Integration - Including integrating software packages residing on multiple platforms using tools such as Mulesoft and AppExchange Scribe
- Software testing practices utilizing static scan tools like SonarQube and code promotion through an environment stack
- Data Analysis - Including experience with different BI tools
- Software Administration
Leadership and EQ
- Embraces a culture of change and agility. Adapts to our changing world, with a focus on mindset over process.
- Effective team player who looks beyond own area/organisational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others and works across cultural boundaries with sensitivity.
- Is self-aware and actively seeks input from others on impact and effectiveness.
- Applies judgment and common sense - uses insight and good judgement to enable commercially sound, efficient and pragmatic decisions and solutions, responding to situations as they arise.
- Complies with BP's Code of Conduct and demonstrates strong leadership of BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.