Responsible for managing a team to deliver business analysis and consulting activities for the defined specialism, building and maintaining effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders, ensuring relevant standards are defined and maintained, and managing process and system improvements to deliver business value. Specialisms: Business Interface; Data Management and Data Science; Digital Innovation.Role synopsis
BP has embarked on an ambitious plan to modernize and transform using digital technologies to drive efficiency, effective and new business models.
You are responsible for gathering, defining and managing business requirements from partners, using structured business analysis tools, techniques and methodologies. You then make sure that the IT&S products and solutions that are delivered meet business needs as well as business users' expectations.
You enable the definition of requirements and user stories for product development, improving processes and systems, reducing their costs, enhancing their sustainability and the quantification of potential business benefits.
You are behind the collaborative creation and iteration of viable specifications and acceptance criteria in preparation for the deployment of digital systems.
You strengthen and enrich your business domain, methods & tools, using your business modelling knowledge in your role.Experience & Education Requirements:
Leadership and EQ:
- You are educated to degree-level and/or have equivalent relevant work experience.
- You are an Agile business analysis/Agile analysis Practitioner.
- You are a Practitioner of design thinking.
- We expect the proven business analysis experience, preferably in an Agile environment.
- You have strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) to present and articulate at all levels of the organization - and a track record to prove it.
- You work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- You have the self-motivation to work with limited direction.
- You can bring strong evidence of working as a team player and you're comfortable working in a virtual global team environment.
- Ideally, you'll have experience with TFS or similar tools such as Jira.
- You always empower people - encouraging positive team morale and ensuring that every team member with expertise has the power to make decisions, at the lowest possible level.
- You always get the basics right, from quality development conversations to recognition and ongoing performance feedback. You can develop, coach, mentor and inspire others.
- You create an environment where people listen and can speak openly about the good, the bad, and the ugly, so that everyone can understand and learn.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.