Responsible for delivering software / platform engineering activities (depending on specialism), using advanced technical capabilities to fully understand user requirements, acting as the lead for the design, development and maintenance of a software system / infrastructure platform, and assisting in creating the vision to maximize value from current and emerging technologies. Specialisms: Software Engineering; Platform Engineering.Discover how our diverse, talented people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better - and how you can play your part in our world-class team.Join our team and advance your career as aPlatform Engineering Lead
If you join our IT&S team, you may have the following responsibilities
- Develop and Implement tools and practices to ensure smooth operation across full DevOps lifecycle: Plan, Code, Build, Test, Release, Deploy, Operate, Monitor; Reduce the time taken to deploy code on BPs Salesforce;
- Drive automation on Salesforce platform to make it easier for projects and end-users to consume platform services;
- Build DevOps knowledge within the C4E team and wider BP Sales Force Community;
- Incorporate the Salesforce Centre for Enablement Standards into the CICD pipeline;
- Provide support to the Salesforce Platform Architects;
- Advise the Platform Support team on issues arising with the platform tooling;
- Support other teams in resolving issues with the Platform, reviewing code and configuration implemented by projects, managing multiple Salesforce Environments;
- Lead more junior team members.
In the Platform Engineering Lead
role, we have the following requirements
- 5+ years of experience of building scalable programmatic and declarative automation (i.e. Apex, Process Builders, Visual Flow)
- Excellent knowledge of Salesforce industry standards and best practices
- Excellent understanding of GIT and Version Control Systems (e.g. Azure DevOps, BitBucket, GitHub)
- Recent experience with CICD tools (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI, Copado etc.)
- 1+ years of experience with Salesforce Deployment tools (i.e. ANT/Force.com migration tool, Salesforce DX CLI).
- Experience with a scripting language (e.g. NodeJS, Python, Shell, Groovy, Go.js)
- Track record of working in an agile environment and developing features from user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Excellent problem-solving, Communication and Stakeholder management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a keen desire to deliver the highest quality solutions to customers
- Passionate on automation and keen eye to identify and automate manual processes.
- Self-Starter with ability to handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities
- Thinks clearly and calmly under pressure
- Places emphasis on client satisfaction
- Fluency in English
At BP we provide
the following environment & benefits to you:
- a company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the mindset of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- possibility to join our social communities and networks
- chill-out and collaboration spaces in a modern office environment
- learning opportunities, language courses and other development opportunities to shape and advance your career path
- different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- life & health insurance, medical care package
- company laptop
- phone for private usage
- opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement
In IT&S we are committed to providing flexibility for our employees. Agile or flexible working encompasses a wide range of working options which support individuals in reaching their full potential. It is more than ad-hoc home office opportunity or part-time working possibility, it is about finding the best way and role modelling BP's IT technology to get a job done, that works well for both our business and our employees.