Responsible for supporting strategy architecture and planning activities through the construction of solutions, using sound technical capabilities to take the architecture description as input and translate it to capture the detailed design and describe the components at a level of detail that enables their construction. Specialism: Solution Architecture.Discover how our diverse, talented people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better - and how you can play your part in our world-class team.Join our team and advance your career as aSolution Design Specialist(preferred location in Germany)
If you join our IT&S team, you may have the following responsibilities
You work delivery team directly or by influence. You will play an integral role in building the team's skillset including your own.Design:
You rigorously develop solutions, seeking practical solutions that optimise and reuse capabilities. You will care passionately about the integrity of the IT capabilities you develop.Relationships:
You will understand the long-term needs of the solution you are developing, and enable delivery by building a rapport with team members both inside and outside of BP.Technology:
You have a passion for understanding and learning. You will bring good hands on skills in key technologies, and an ability to rapidly assess new technologies with a commercial mindset.Safety and Compliance:
Safety of our people and our customers is our highest priority. We will advocate and help ensure our architectures, designs and processes enhance a culture of operational safety and improve our digital security.
In the Solution Design Specialist
role, we have the following requirements
- Ideally, you'll have a Bachelor's (or higher) degree from a recognized institute of higher learning, ideally focused in Computer Science, MIS/IT, Mathematics or a hard science and/or relevant work experience.
- You'll have 5 years' experience in a relevant role or roles.
- A confirmed background in architecture with real-world experience of architecting, designing, and delivering large IT projects. You love envisaging the art of the possible and making that a reality.
- Functional knowledge of key technology sets. You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves, getting involved, and diving into delivery challenges.
- You accomplish exceptional project outcomes in a respectful and supportive culture.
- A proven grasp of development and design thinking in an agile environment. You adapt delivery techniques to drive outstanding project delivery.
At BP we provide
the following environment & benefits to you:
- a company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the mindset of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- possibility to join our social communities and networks
- chill-out and collaboration spaces in a modern office environment
- learning opportunities, language courses and other development opportunities to shape and advance your career path
In IT&S we are committed to providing flexibility for our employees. Agile or flexible working encompasses a wide range of working options which support individuals in reaching their full potential. It is more than ad-hoc home office opportunity or part-time working possibility, it is about finding the best way and role modelling BP's IT technology to get a job done, that works well for both our business and our employees.
Apply now to our team and lead BP through the biggest modernization of our decade!