Responsible for creating visualizations and reports to meet the business needs of BPX's Drilling and Completions groups. Primarily work's in Microsoft Azure's reporting tools (Power BI and others) to solution the needs of internal customers.The Reporting & Visualization Developer must be an expert in data visualization libraries, SSRS, embedded UI solutions, Spotfire reporting, and SQL development being self-sufficient in writing queries to support visualizations.
This person must also be comfortable operating as an individual contributor and using influence and expertise to aid the transformation of an organization.
Some of BPX's technology support & operations are outsourced to a managed services partner and this role will require the ability to manage/lead in this type of environment.
- Developing and maintaining queries, dashboards, and reports.
- Develop complex T-SQL queries for database related operations.
- Manage SSRS/Power BI/D3/visualization framework outputs/reports, development and design.
- Understand and effectively leverage established and new business metrics and KPIs to support decision-making.
- Providing ad-hoc query output.
- Configure and maintain Report Manager and Report Server for SSRS.
- Interact with data facet owners to clarify their requirements and understand report specification implementations.
- Assist with the redesign and conversion of legacy reports and databases.
- Support and maintain existing codebase through refactoring and fixing bugs.
- Leads the development and implementation of scripts for data queries to support reporting.
- Collaboratively works with the entire Data and Analytics team, providing support to the entire department for its data centric needs.
- Generates enthusiasm among team members.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles.
- Manages the process of innovative change.
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
- Works effectively with distributed team members.
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent degree.
Essential experience and job requirements
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in IT/Data & Analytics in Reporting, Data Visualization or Business Intelligence positions.
- Minimum three years of experience with data visualization libraries (D3, HighCharts) and frameworks utilizing them.
- Experience in data modeling, analysis, design, testing, development, and implementation.
- Experience with database development and infographics (queries, stored procedures)
- Demonstrated experience working in large-scale data environments which included real-time and batch processing requirements.
- Strong analytical and SQL skills, with attention to detail.
- Validated experience with 1 or more non-SQL languages like Python or Java.
- Advanced proficiency in:
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- SQL, T-SQL, and stored procedures
- Microsoft Power BI or Tableau
- Spotfire or other reporting solutions
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- C#, .Net
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) or other source code managements tools
- Ability to work with multiple external teams and accomplish shared goals through the building consensus.
- Enthusiastic, high-energy individual, self-motivated, people-oriented and self-directed
- Must be able to maintain focus on achieving results, whilst being patient and pragmatic.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Experience with the Azure and/or AWS cloud platforms.
- Experience in any big data technologies - Hadoop, EMR, Amazon Redshift, Azure CosmosDB, Azure Data Lake, AWS DynamoDB, or advanced analytics tools.
- Stream processing services such as Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Apache Storm, Spark Streaming, Azure Event Hub, etc.,.
- Supervision, management or leadership position experience desirable.