Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Platform Team Lead will engage key stakeholders to drive the BPX strategic IT road-map. Job responsibilities will also include developing key performance indicators for successful platform deployment. Lead the team that will support cloud engineers, architects and product owners on technical and design decisions and implementation. Focusing on continuous improvement, growing the team and prioritizing cloud first strategy.
The Platforms Team Lead is responsible for technology infrastructure resources throughout the organization. Platform Manager is responsible for RUN, Maintain and Sustain for the overall technology infrastructure resources throughout the BPX organization including overseeing Applications, Networks, Cloud, and Data.
They must be able to demonstrate the ability to scan the external landscape for emerging technologies and work with the wider organization to drive value in BPX.
- Assess and optimize the enterprise ecosystem by ensuring that users, servers, data and applications are connected.
- Research, develop, and implement methods for leveraging service-oriented organization infrastructure systems.
- Work as part of geographically dispersed team, effectively communicating prioritized business unit needs and prioritized project statuses, while aiding and training to other team members.
- Maintain an environment of continuous improvement regarding efficiencies as well as evolving technology to meet market changes and current needs.
- Be able to provide understanding and direction in aligning the strategic roadmap with the business vision, strategy and priorities.
- In collaboration with Enterprise Architects, defines the product vision, roadmap and growth opportunities
- Work closely with our Product Owners to lead conflict resolution, and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Using agile architecture principles, you will drive just-in-time selection of core platforms balanced by a strategic roadmap for platform capability development across the hubs
- Maintain an active radar on technology trends and developments, both inside and outside our industry, in the consumer enabling space
- Lead the collection of information through a customer conversation, accessing support tools, and additional support staff (service resources) if needed.
- Implement and uphold processes that meet Digital Security Standards
- Partners with the executive sponsors to communicate program goals, objectives and potential outcomes.
- Leads regular interactions with the executive sponsors to inform, alert, negotiate and maintain a continuing good relationship and shared vision for the program outcome.
- Establishes and ensures appropriate governance functions for the program in accordance with enterprise policies, practices and on behalf of the executive sponsors or senior responsible owners.
- Develops and controls the program budget across many IT Service Lines and manages expenditure within agreed spending plans.
- Leads the development and maintenance of stakeholder mapping, communications and reporting.
- Directs or approves the establishment of a framework or guidelines for the use of contractors and professional service providers and determines their use across the program.
- Ability to advise Platform teams and stakeholders if demand is aligned or not with technology vision for the Run line of business
- Minimum requirement of four-year college degree in computer science or related discipline
Essential experience and job requirements
- Approximately 8+ years of relevant work experience dealing specifically with complex infrastructure, empower BI, and OIS data and communications platforms.
- Approximately 3+ years of direct supervisory and/or management level experience.
- Mastery of cloud platforms including Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- Authentication, encryption and digital security concepts.
- Deep expertise in authentication, encryption and digital security concepts.
- Expertise in both Windows and Linux application environments.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Ability to utilize business intelligence software, such as Spotfire, to develop data-analysis tools for collaboration with other teams