Responsible for managing a team to deliver business analysis and consulting activities for the defined specialism, building and maintaining effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders, ensuring relevant standards are defined and maintained, and managing process and system improvements to deliver business value. Specialisms: Business Interface; Data Management and Data Science; Digital Innovation.Role Synopsis
Responsible for engagement with local teams and Businesses to ensure that delivered IT&S products and solutions successfully meet those needs, and that business users' expectations are met.
Responsible for the development, testing and delivery of the BP China systems design and solution. Engage with the business and vendors to ensure the IT solutions align with business plans and that solutions meet business requirements. Act as escalation point and engage with and support local site teams to aid in management of incidents and changes. Work with the Project Manager to deliver projects and resolve incidents. Key Accountabilities
- The role will operate within the BP China Retail portfolio.
- Be responsible for site systems, supporting incident resolution and management of regional vendors.
- The role will be pivotal in delivering key IT products as part of the ambitious BP China Retail growth.
- Capture the requirements, business outcomes, value, risk impact and hence priorities to be enabled by present and future IT-based solutions
- Support the IT project manager to address the business needs they identify and align functional requirements with local circumstances, and help them be successful
- Lead a DevOps team to deliver business value using Agile methodologies
- Balance commercial relationships with vendors, including ensuring timelines and quality of delivery for all China deliverables
- Engage other parts of the IT&S organization to ensure all services come together to deliver appropriate end-to-end outcomes for the China Retail.
- Define baselines, measures, and interdependencies of value streams to drive benefits realization
- Complies with BP's Code of Conduct and models BP's Values and Behaviors.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree (minimum)
- Retail experience a must
- English proficiency is required
- Strong leadership and communication skills to present and articulate at all levels of the organization
- Can resolve conflicting ideas and demands to provide clarity.
- The ability to deliver a message effectively and concisely at all levels, on both a technical and a business level
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, thorough attention to detail and the ability to synthesize information quickly
- Ability to multi-task and to resolve issues and provide effective solutions to meet the needs of the business
- Work creatively in a problem-solving environment.
- Iterative development, project/product development and project deployment experience and/or understanding
- Supplier management experience
- Retail experience preferred
- DevOps and Agile delivery experience preferred
- Experience with digital Marketing is preferred
- Ability to work within a virtual global team environment.
- Self-motivated to work with limited supervision.
- Strong evidence of working as a great teammate.
BP is an equal opportunity employer.