BP has embarked on an ambitious plan, to drive efficiency and new business models, by using digital technologies. As the Information Security Officer Lead, you will be responsible for delivering information security and risk activities, by using advanced technical capabilities.
You will lead changes to security processes and procedures, review complex issues, as well as identify and implement security solutions. Furthermore, you will ensure adherence to policies, standards and best practices, and provide technical expertise to internal and external stakeholders.
At IT&S, all the roles are within Chapters. While your role will continue to remain within the Chapter, your initial activities described below may change over time.
Key Accountabilities Team
- As part of the Downstream information security team you will work across a range of different business including Air BP, Castrol, Refining, Manufacturing and Retail
- You will be part of the digital transformation of the Downstream business & experiencing new ways of working with new technologies
- The role will work directly with our security, business and IT&S colleagues, in addition to market leaders in technology, reporting to the Downstream CISO
- You will be part of scrum teams delivering change following an agile methodology
: As a high-performing, technical lead, you will effectively manage people and support those working in our cross-functional teams. You will help teams grow and deliver the most agile and commercially cost-effective solutions. You will delegate, motivate and be hands-on, alongside your team. Relationships
: You will act as a point of contact for all areas of information security within your accountability. You will develop and maintain a series of internal and external stakeholder relationships, delivering advanced technical knowledge to support project delivery. You will collaborate with others to identify challenges within our Cyber landscape -and ensure security solutions successfully protect BP against cyber risks. You will influence and inspire change in a positive and impactful way. Security
: You will provide advanced technical expertise, specific to Information Security (BIS), to achieve objectives. You will be the go-to person for teams dealing with information security in their segment/functions. You will drive the implementation and application of relevant operating processes and procedures, and ensure all activities adhere to the relevant standards. Technology:
You will build awareness of internal and external technology developments, managing the delivery of process and system improvements. You will identify and implementing continuous improvement plans for Information Security (BIS) and ensure best practice is shared across the team.Safety:
The safety of our people and customers is our highest priority. You will champion a culture of operational safety and ensure our architectures, designs and processes enhance and improve our digital security.Essential Education
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- You'll have a tertiary level education and/or equivalent relevant work experience.
• Business Risk Management (BURM)
• Consultancy (CNSL)
• Information Assurance (INAS)
• Information Management (IRMG)
• Information security (SCTY)
• Relationship Management (RLMT)
Leadership and EQ
- You have significant experience in either an internal or external information security and risk role, or similar.
- You have advanced technical knowledge and experience in delivering security solutions, providing technical advice, and overseeing security processes for the specialism.
- You have impressive stakeholder management experience.
- Within your team(s), you notice morale levels and work to positively influence this.
- You always empower people - encouraging positive team morale and ensuring that every team member with expertise has the power to make decisions, at the lowest possible level.
- You always get the basics right, from quality development conversations to recognition and ongoing performance feedback. You can develop, coach, mentor and inspire others.
- You comply with BP's Code of Conduct and ensure your team does too. You also demonstrate strong leadership of BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.
- You create an environment where people listen and can speak openly about the good, the bad, and the ugly, so that everyone can understand and learn.
- You promote a culture of change and agility, evolve continuously, adapting to our changing world.
- You work across organizational boundaries and build high quality, trust-based relationships with leaders and employees within IT&S & the wider BP, applying cultural sensitivity.
- You are self-aware and able to recognize and manage your impact on others.
- You apply judgment and common sense at scale.
- Cultural fluency - you operate across cultural boundaries with sensitivity.
In IT&S we are committed to providing flexible working arrangements. Agile or flexible working encompasses a wide range of working options, which help people to achieve their full potential. It is more than ad-hoc home working or part time working; it's about role modelling BP's IT technology to get a job done, in a way that works well for both the business and our employees.
So even if a job is advertised as full time, please reach out to the hiring manager or the recruiter if you would like flexible working arrangements to be considered.