Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, Security
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
BP has embarked on an ambitious plan to modernize and transform using digital technologies to drive efficiency, effectiveness and new business models. As an Operational IS Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting information security and risk activities for Operational Security Management. The Security Operations Center is the face of Digital Security to the wider BP and the SOC Analyst is the first point of contact many have with the Digital Security organization. As such they must be knowledgeable about the various business segments and be able to answer or direct to others, security related questions covering a wide range of topics. In addition, they are responsible for monitoring and responding to incidents, performing initial triage and escalating serious threats to members of the Cyber Emergency Response Team (CERT) and the various business entities in BP. They must be skilled in the use of multiple security technologies including our primary interface - ArcSight Security Information and Event Management (SIEM). Using sound technical capabilities, you will review and adjust information security processes, support the delivery of security solutions, recommend improvements to security strategies and manage external service providers.
SOC Analyst -
- Provides sound technical expertise in support of information security and risk activities specific to the specialism and Security Operation Centre objectives e.g. Undertaking Incident detection and response activities; reporting on vulnerabilities and escalating to SOC and CERT colleagues in support of the businesses.
- Supports the implementation and application of relevant operating processes and procedures, and ensures all activities adhere to the relevant standards.
- Liaises with various teams and senior stakeholders across BP to advise on information security and risk and manages third party service providers that are helping to deliver related projects as required.
- Seeks opportunities for continuous improvement within the specialism in response to internal and external developments. working with team members to identify continuous improvement plans.
- Complies with BP's Code of Conduct and models BP's Values & Behaviours.
- High School Diploma; College Diploma or Technical Certification in Cyber Security, IT, Maths or Physics based subjects.
- COMPTIA Security + Certification
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- Relevant experience in an information security and risk role or similar.
- You will have sound technical knowledge and experience of delivering security solutions. This will include providing technical advice and supporting the application of security processes for the specialism.
- You will have stakeholder management experience.
- Incident Management (USUP)
- Information Security (SCTY)
- Security Administration (SCAD)
- Technical Specialism (TECH)
- Data Analysis (DTAN)
- Innovation (INOV)
- Systems Integration (SINT)
- Relationship Management (RLMT)
Leadership and EQ
- You embrace a culture of change and agility, evolving continuously, adapting to our changing world.
- You are an effective team player, looking beyond your own area/organizational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others, while understanding cultural differences.
- You continually enhance your self-awareness and seek input from others on your impact and effectiveness.
- Well organized, you balance proactive and reactive approaches and multiple priorities to complete tasks on time.
- You apply judgment and common sense - you use insight and good judgment to inform actions and respond to situations as they arise.
- You comply with BP's Code of Conduct and demonstrate strong leadership through BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.