BP has embarked on an ambitious plan to modernize and transform using digital technologies to drive efficiency, effective and new business models. You are a Service Engineering Specialist, supporting service delivery management and the service governance process by reviewing and acting on operational performance data for IT outcomes, service levels, KPIs and customer feedback.
Your remit includes managing the delivery of services from internal and external providers to ensure optimal performance in line with agreed IT outcomes and levels of risk and resilience.
Typical activities include service level management, supplier management, supporting incident resolution, maintaining configuration management data, providing solution design quality assurance for enhancements and performing project/enhancement delivery roles based on area of expertise. You'll also provide feedback to process teams to support continuous improvement (e.g. for service management processes).
At IT&S, all the roles are within Chapters. While your role will continue to remain within the Chapter, your initial activities described below may change over time.
- You will run the major incident management processes to undertake service restoration of major incidents within BP, drive the process to ensure that service is restored as quickly as possible, minimising the impact on business operations.
- Responsible for assessing situations, making appropriate interventions, directing and facilitating resolution activity. Ensuring appropriate escalation within vendors, resolution teams and service management during an incident.
- You will work within the 24x7 Command Centre and liaising with regional teams of Incident and Resolution Managers in IT&S.
You will support the Service Owner by providing activity leadership related to the integrated delivery of the service/s and evolving catalogue of IT products offered and consumed - assuring the integrity of expected IT and business outcomes is maintained. You will ensure that Service/s operate appropriately and execute Change/Projects in compliance with IT&S standards and regulatory requirements relating to: security, HR, ethics, data protection, HSSE, policies and legislation.Service:
You will manage service performance and relevant reporting activities related to the services/products offered. You will help advance our technology-related transformation by drawing meaningful insights from data and using these to support innovation and the delivery of iterative solutions. You will aim to protect, evolve, innovate, enhance and optimize the service/s managed, the products offered and the overall customer experience. You will develop deep knowledge of your E2E Service Model and build and manage collaborative relationships to improve the overall quality of the service. You'll also build effective ways of working that maximize the value of resources (Technology, Contracts, People); simplify and optimize delivery, and enhance the products offered.Relationships:
You will lead the development, maintenance and dissemination of knowledge and communications required by Customers and Support channels to effectively adopt, consume and support changing Products and Services. As an experienced service engineering professional, you will develop leadership skills through activity, supplier and resource management. You'll identify and support team development and mentoring needs, focusing on enabling the success of others.Technology:
You will build awareness of internal and external technology developments, managing the delivery of process and system improvements, identifying and implementing continuous improvement plans for Service Engineering and ensuring best practice is shared across the team.Safety and Compliance:
Safety of our people and our customers is our highest priority. You will advocate and lead in this and promote a culture of security and compliance in everything that we do.Essential Education:
Ideally, you'll have a Bachelor's (or higher) degree, preferably in Computer Science, MIS/IT, or another STEM-related subject. Essential Experience and Job Requirements: Technical capability:
Essential Skills: Business risk management Service level management
Customer Service Support Desirable Skills: Business process improvement Contract management ITIL core processes Relationship management Service acceptance Technical specialism Application support
Customer Service Support Business capability:
Service Management Leadership and EQ:
- You embrace a culture of change and agility, evolving continuously, adapting to our changing world.
- You are an effective team player, looking beyond your own area/organizational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others, while understanding cultural differences.
- You continually enhance your self-awareness and seek input from others on your impact and effectiveness.
- Well organized, you balance proactive and reactive approaches and multiple priorities to complete tasks on time.
- You apply judgment and common sense - you use insight and good judgment to inform actions and respond to situations as they arise.
- You comply with BP's Code of Conduct and demonstrate strong leadership through BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.
- Provide ongoing feedback to your employee tree, both formally and informally, with the aim of supporting their performance and development within the Chapter.
- Coach and mentor to help build domain experience amongst peers
- Be responsible for Chapter member's personal development and the management of performance reviews.
- Contribute to relevant supply and demand conversations, to adequately staff squads with appropriately skilled employees.
- Assess candidates as part of the Talent Acquisition process, interviewing to identify future IT&S talent.
- Sharing knowledge (cross-pollination) between Chapter members that can be utilised by various Squads.