You, Architecture Lead, have oversight over all critical projects or services in North America Gas and Power (NAGP). A technologist and heart, Architecture lead must have passion to planning and building services, collaborate with the delivery teams to design and deliver fit for purpose solutions. Must have passion to learn new emerging and innovative technologies.
As a Lead Architect in North America Gas and Power, you are required to develop, recommend, and establish Data & Technical Architectures, and associated Key Design Decisions (KDDs), for all IST (NAGP) projects and platforms.
You will operate om a dynamic and delivery focused environment, with the resources of one of the world's most forward-thinking IT departments and leading IT vendors at your fingertips. You are confident and comfortable working across cultures and can help make sure the voice of each team member is heard.
At IT&S, all the roles are within Chapters. While your role will continue to remain within the Chapter, your initial activities described below may change over time.
- You will work within an agile delivery squad initially focused on Loyalty, Promotions and Insights.
- This role will interact directly with our customers, development teams, business product owners and 3rdparty vendors.
Lead a delivery team directly or by influence. Lead Architect will play an integral role in building the team's skillset while demonstrating leadership values through delegation, motivation and trust. Our culture is exploring, thinking and doing, and the Lead Architect will live this every single day.Architecture
:Rigorously develop solution architectures, seeking practical solutions that optimize and reuse capabilities. As the Lead, you will care passionately about the integrity of the IT capabilities developed under your solution design.Relationships:
Build strong relationships across the business and IT. Must understand the long-term needs of the solution developed and enable delivery by building a rapport with team members both inside and outside of BP.Technology:
Excellent Technologist with a passion for learning. Lead Architect must possess good hands on skills in key technologies, and an ability to rapidly assess new technologies with a commercial mindset.Safety and Compliance:
Safety of our people and our customers is our highest priority. We will advocate and help ensure our architectures, designs and processes enhance a culture of operational safety and improve our digital security.NAGP Data and Technical Architecture Domain
- Accountable for recommendations concerning IST Transaction pipe Architecture solutions (OPENLINK suite)
- Accountable for IST Cloud Architecture design and optimization
- Accountable and responsible for the implementation of the recommendations concerning IST Data Architecture.
- Contributions to the development of IST Data Lake
- Contributions to the development, enforcement and Project dispensation for all SIB trading related architecture standards.
- Accountable for working with key stakeholders and IT&S delivery team to conduct impact analysis on New Activities impacting the business unit.
- Principal engagement concerning NAGP Trading and Risk architectures to
- IST&S Delivery functions: Functions (Market Risk/Credit Risk), Ethics and Compliance, Commodity Trading and Cross commodity downstream groupNAGP Trading: Trading & Risk, Counterparty Due Diligence, Contracts, Confirmations, Settlements and Finance
Critical Qualifications and Education:
- Proven leadership to deliver solution architectures for complex solutions across all TOGAF domains (business, data, applications and technology)
- Architecture & Design (A&D)
- Possess an Enterprise Architecture viewpoint and able to lead the definition of IT strategies and future applications/services, in alignment with business requirements
- Have experience in conducting feasibility studies and compared TCO of alternative strategies
- Managed the governance of strategy and architecture in conjunction with commercial colleagues
- Experience in scope and requirements management, with ability to drive pragmatic scoping for strategic business change, involve commercial stakeholders in direction setting, and ensure consistency between strategy and execution through the planning process and design authority over project execution
- A&D Consultancy
- Ability to be seen by commercial teams as the source of strategic guidance on the full range of IT strategy and architecture topics
- A strategic outlook, previous experience developing architecture strategies and associated roadmaps
- A&D Technical Specialism
- Possess deep knowledge of business processes, application solutions, and infrastructure and security solutions relevant to role
- Able to use expertise as the basis for leading transformation
- Focus on continuous professional development in emerging solutions.
- Business Analysis & Consulting
- Experience in managing complexity, balancing of competing financial, technical and business requirements to produce optimal strategies, portfolios of projects and underlying solution architecture
- Able to understand and interpret wisely the underlying organization politics and motivations of stakeholders
- Project/Work Management
- Proven ability to manage own and others' workload, with experience in prioritization and work/activity planning
- Experience in leading project governance, business strategy alignment, planning, communications and reporting, stakeholder management, risk management, quality assurance, change management, requirements management, PMO, resource allocation, and procurement
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and frequent changes in scope. Must have experience reviewing impacts on existing and developing architecture and quickly proposing suitable alternative solutions where necessary.
- Business and IT Knowledge for Trading Deal Life cycle management
- Good knowledge and understanding of Financial and Physical trading of commodities. Must possess knowledge of key data requirements, basic trading system standards to support a near real time business.
- Good understanding of the basic business context and requirements associated with back office activities
- Good experience of Transaction Processing Systems
- Exposure to the wide variety of tools and technologies in the area of data analytics and reporting
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, or Information Sciences
- MA/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, or Information Sciences
- 5-8 years' experience working in commodity trading
- 3-5 years of architecture design experience
- TOGAF certification
- Other Technical, Program, and Business certifications
- Software Engineering background and direct experience
- Data Analysis and design background and direct experience
- Requirements Management background and direct experience