This role is for the Azeri Central East (ACE) project. The Project will build a new Integrated Production, Drilling, Utilities and Quarters Offshore platform to be installed in the Caspian Sea Azerbaijan. The project is currently in execute. The Senior Project Engineer, working in conjunction with the Topsides construction and commissioning superintendents, will act on behalf of the Topsides Delivery Manager to integrate and performance manage all activity in support of delivery of the main process decks, from engineering through to operation, in accordance with the project execution plan. The role will be based full time at the main fabrication site in Baku.Key Accountabilities:
The Senior Project Engineer will be required to:
Essential education: Essential experience and requirements:
- Provide HSSE Leadership to the project in accordance with the Upstream Safety Leadership Principles, GPO Personal Safety and Contractor HSSE management guides,
- Maintain a deep understanding of the business and project objectives and performance manage execution of the main deck in accordance with these objectives,
- Ensure the project is implemented in accordance with the project execution plan, maintaining and refreshing this key document periodically throughout the project.
- Work with PSCM to performance manage key contracts and ensure materials and equipment are delivered complete and on schedule. Leverage collaborative working principles to enhance contractor delivery.
- Work closely with the project teams to develop cost savings opportunities to enhance project value through execute.
- Promote and maintain effective internal interfaces between HSSE, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Quality, drilling, marine and subsea, and Operations teams.
- Promote and maintain effective external interfaces between BP, Engineering Contractor, Drilling, Topsides and LQ Fabricators and other major contractors across the project,
- Lead implementation of initiatives in accordance with the project Modernisation and Transformation objectives, including implementation of agile working practices and collaborative contracting principles,
- Ensure that lessons learned are appropriately implemented throughout the execute phase, and new lessons are captured for future projects.
- Strong HSSE bias and experience with HSSE issues related to site construction activities
- Minimum 10 years project engineering / project management experience throughout all phases of topsides delivery from engineering to operation,
- Experience in leadership roles and participation on high-impact teams.
- Substantial experience with effectively interfacing and working together with contractor and with multidiscipline site teams
- Deep understanding of project management practices and the latest international standards that assure safe, productive and on time delivery of projects.
- Azerbaijani citizenship is required
- Relevant experience working within collaborative contracting environments,
- Proven capability of building and leading successful teams
- A high level of proven communication, interpersonal and people management skills