Responsible for performing maintenance work associated with the production or refining of oil and gas. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for maintaining the Warminster plant's assets with the goals of achieving and continuously improving upon quality, customer service, and superior HSSE (No accidents, No Harm to People, No damage to the Environment). 2nd Shift Tech.Key accountabilities:
- Maintain all plant equipment such as blending and packaging equipment, valves, pumps, hot oil and steam systems.
- Maintain equipment, materials, and work areas to ensure they are clean, safe, and organized.
- Perform manual labor tasks in a skillful, controlled, safe and professional manner in order to accomplish job duties including lifting, pushing, and pulling.
- Review, initiate and complete work orders, preventative maintenance, corrective work, and predictive maintenance assignments in a timely manner.
- Assess projects, develop a bill of materials, obtain approvals for purchase, and place orders for parts and equipment.
- Assist in maintaining an adequate inventory of back up equipment, replacement parts and shop materials to ensure the proper operation of manufacturing and maintenance department.
- Take action to identify and prevent problems related to HSSE, Quality and recommend actions towards continuous improvement solutions to improve processes.
- Execute and work within a shared leadership team environment while following all applicable BP standards.
- Perform work in skilled areas of fabrication, assembly, welding, cutting and pipefitting.
Essential Education :
- Effectively follow all qualified unit and company rules, guidelines, and health, safety, security and environmental (HSSE) practices and procedures.
- Ensures all maintenance work is carried out in a safe manner
- Ensures the effective working of the Permit to Work system
- Monitors equipment and systems to ensure that the required performance is maintained
- Ensures the plant, processes and equipment are functioning efficiently
- Delivers and implements relevant policies in the Operating Management System (OMS).
- Complies with BP's Code of Conduct and models BP's Values & Behaviors.
Other Requirements (eg Hours, Training, etc...)
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Willing to work 2nd shift hours, but train on various shifts
- Must be willing to operate Motorized equipment (Forktruck, High Reach, Etc)
- Must have a basic understanding of computer programs (i.e. e-mail, data entry, document review)
- Should have knowledge of PLCs interaction.
- Should have experience with computer maintenance management systems (ex. Maximo)