Skills: Chemical Engineering, Budget / Cost Control
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Wuhan, China
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
BP is seeking an experienced project engineering manager lead the JV project engineering team, be responsible as interface dealing with EPC from end to end , manage MOC, support on commissioning and startup of the new plant. The Role report to project delivery manager and worked as SPA of Project Engineering team, daily Worked with stakeholder includes the different function from internal organization and subcontractor, 3rd party etc, (EPC contractor will be the main contractor to facing), following different phase, leads the discipline engineer worked in engineering office and site The role is responsible for engineering management of the project, assume responsibility for functionality, cost and schedule; coordination and monitoring engineering work between all involved disciplines and all involved contractors and represent Owner interests towards contractors, vendors, authorities. Responsible for managing a team accountable for delivering a comprehensive schedule control system, including day-to-day planning activities, performance management and reporting, and the integration of schedules from internal and third party sources using advanced technical and analytical capabilities to support standardization and conformance with BP Planning, Scheduling and Project Coordination procedures.Accountabilities
• Lead Engineering team to understand the business needs and transfer to the engineering solution for project. Balanced the expectation of end user and Statement of requirements
• Following the boundary of basis of design, align with partners' requirements and EPC contractor work execution.
• Provides assurance and governance across the project engineering delivery and serves as the SME for engineering
• Support for managing, forecasting and tracking all project capital expenditure
• Applies all applicable BP, SPU and local engineering policies, practices and standards during execution of projects and engineering outcomes
• Accountable for Inherently design safety, delivery of project objectives in safe
• Resource management for engineering team, plan, forecasting, adjust the engineering resource following different engineering stage
• Support the project team to develop the WBS (Work Breakdown Structure), procurement and contracting strategy, and the project timeline etc Manage and responsible for the engineering progress.
• Owns the human relations part of project teams including understanding the phases of development that new teams go through and using leadership styles appropriate to the phase
• Participates in Engineering lessons learn or study for enable the knowledge professional in engineering execution
• Leads or participates in peer reviews/assists within the envelope as assigned as Engineering Manager for Frontier
• Provide direction to, coach and performance-manages contract and external engineering resource
• Actively communicate risks and opportunities regarding cost, schedule, quality, HSSE concerns and solutions to BP Frontier team
• >10 years in Chemical industry, ideally in 2 lubricant plant projects with function in design, project control, construction with $50m CAPEX
• Experience in international/local engineering design systems and procedures;
• Solid understanding of Chinese Engineering standard and code
• Familiar with CAD, MS Project; Experience in 3D BIM application;
• ITB document preparation & TBE / clarification activities
• Ability to collaborate with local design institute to evaluate, identify and solve constructability issues
• Analytical in approach when evaluating construction progress or obstacles and provide solutions to stay on schedule and minimize cost impacts
• Ability to build and maintain relationships
• Ability to communicate project status concisely
• Effective and efficient in a complex joint-venture environment
• Spot check process engineering deliverables, Spot Check on process design data for equipment, safety devices according to functional and process requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.