In the Azerbaijan Turkey Georgia (AGT) Region, BP has an extensive project portfolio that will make a significant contribution to the Company's overall production aspirations in the region and support the Path to 2020 plan and beyond.
The AGT Global Subsea Execution (GSE) Organisation provides a Regional service, integrating and executing a cross functional offshore execution program which includes, jacket and topsides installation, pipelay, subsea construction, drill rig support and inspection repair and maintenance activities. The current portfolio of installation activities includes the Shah Deniz 2 project currently in EXECUTE, the ACE project currently in DEFINE.
We are seeking a Offshore Construction manager, based in country reporting to the GSE Regional Manager. The primary focus of this role is to lead and manage the BP teams and the subsea Installation Contractor(s) teams responsible for the integration and delivery of a safe, efficient multi vessel offshore installation program, whilst developing BP staff capability.Key Accountabilities:
Play a leading role in the promotion of an excellent HSE culture, and actively promote the Regional goals of 'no accidents, no harm to people and no damage to the environment' and ensure that all activities are conducted in accordance with BP's code of conduct
Lead by providing direction and support to the BP project engineering and vessel management teams and develop an performance based collaborative, 'one team' working environment with the BP team and the subsea installation Contractors
Lead and manage subsea Installation Contractor(s) to ensure that all execution procedures, permits and drawings, risk mitigation and contingency plans are in place prior to commencing offshore works.
Play an active role in GSE Quality and risk management processes.
Ensure appropriate BP technical representation is engaged to support the offshore execution program as required
Act as CAM on subsea installation Contracts as required
Support the GSE Regional Manager in
- managing aspects of the integrated schedule and cost control associated with the offshore execution planning and activities.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of an effective organisational capability with an active BP development program
- Ensure key stakeholder interfaces, subsea engineering, Global subsea systems (GSS), subsea construction Contractor(s), and production facilities, are developed and maintained.
- Working with the GSE Central teams, to develop, implement and maintain standard performance management systems to control safety, quality, schedule, cost, execution readiness and control of work processes for safe and efficient execution of works.
Essential experience and requirements:
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Science (e.g. Mechanical, Civil, Structural, Offshore Engineering)
- Azerbaijani citizenship is required
- A minimum of 12 years experience and a detailed knowledge and experience of project management and subsea construction and installation techniques.
- An established record of managing Subsea Construction/Installation Contractors on reimbursable and Lump sum Contracts
- Specific offshore experience on a variety of subsea construction vessel types e.g. platform installation, subsea construction, pipelay, ROV and diving.
- A detailed knowledge of project planning principles and budget control systems.
- Strong written and interpersonal and communication skills, Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others in a collaborative and non-confrontational manner.
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule, including workingoffshore on key vessel-based operations
- A proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and to energize, influence and have a positive impact on the GSE team(s).
- An established track record of managing multicultural teams and in the coaching, mentoring and development of BP staff engineers
- Chartered Engineer
- A working knowledge of MPCP and project selection principles and the ability to apply provide constructability input in CONCEPT SELECT and OPTIMISE and DEFINE phases of project life cycle
- A working knowledge of the design and operation of typical subsea equipment e.g. XT's, umbilicals, pipelines, manifolds and connector systems
- A working knowledge of diving operations
- A working knowledge of BP standards, ETPs and Group practices
- PMI certified or demonstration of continued educational development in project management