Responsible for supporting the coordination of safe, reliable, compliant and efficient logistical operations to ensure the sufficient supply of goods and products, using basic technical and analytical capabilities to improve operational performance.The Logistics Coordinator directs and coordinates the delivery of physical products using secondary transportation in accordance with the BP Code of Conduct. The role will work closely with several different business units, and third parties. The Logistics Coordinator oversees a team of truck schedulers to achieve the goal of safe, timely and accurate delivery.
This role will be based in Santa Fe; Mexico City, Mexico.Accountabilities:
Education and Experience Requirements
- The Logistics Coordinator directs and coordinates the delivery of physical products using secondary transportation in accordance with the BP Code of Conduct. The role will work closely with several different business units, and third parties. The Logistics Coordinator oversees a team of truck schedulers to achieve the goal of safe, timely and accurate delivery.
- Provide leadership and overall direction to BP's contractor for the day-to-day management of the scheduling transport resources within the Mexican territory so as to meet all required demand in a cost optimized fashion while meeting marketing requirements.
- Demonstrate ability to build networks and to work collaboratively across a diverse business settings. Negotiate solutions to conflicting interests of various concerned parties.
- Manage tactical operational activities for the BP ESE Supply and Logistic teams and the relationships from a tactical standpoint with SLI, the BP Operations, Supply provider and the various carriers and other departments within BP. Create, maintain and optimize supply schedule for delivering products from terminals to retail stations according to demand plan.
- Understand Supply contract delivery and pricing terms to ensure optimized execution of movements
- Monitor product availability and transportation plans and status to highlight operational constraints and opportunities. Proactively adjust schedules to meet plans and immediately
- advise of any unavoidable issues that will affect obligations or supply reliability
- Ensure scheduled / actualised movements are entered and updated into the appropriate system(s) in a timely manner.
- Monitor and resolve quality and quantity incidents promptly and notify team leaders and relevant internal/external parties.
- Identify supply alternatives and execute within the boundaries set up by the relevant line manager during supply disruptions and understand the impact of commercial decisions
- Understand and comply with governmental regulations and BP policies for reporting and raise issues to line manager and appropriate parties.
- Ensure credit requirements are in place and obtain appropriate approvals from credit team (e.g. Letter of Credit) with sufficient time, as provided for in the contract, and before risk and title are passed.
- Ensure that all inspection, loss control, vessel/barge, and agent nominations are properly communicated and documented, and invoices for these services are verified, approvedand processed in a timely manner.
- Proactively seek and share competitive intelligence to improve commercial performance.
- Proactively use allocation to minimise terminal run out times.
- Secure certificate of analysis and/or product transfer document to appropriate counterparties and government agencies per required milestones.
- Ensure the continuous supply of oil products to the value chain in the most efficient and economic manner for the defined region.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Demonstrated relationship management skills.
- Knowledge of geographic footprint and industry players.
- Proven experience demonstrating strong leadership skills with a proven track record to influencing and getting things done via others individuals .
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to build networks to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge