The Americas Modernization Program Director is accountable for implementing the new vision by overseeing the capital project execution, driving the overall culture change through business leadership teams, and assuring an enhanced employee experience at the Westlake Campus and will provide leadership for Workplace Modernization Projects in the Americas. The Program Director will lead a team of direct and dotted line reports to carry out the WL1 Development Plan and Campus Modernization efforts. The Director will work closely with Westlake Property Management and contract facility management teams to assure a One Team approach to delivering a congruent employee experience. This position is expected to be supported by 3-4 direct reports and several dotted line and contract personnel, including a Project Director, Modernization Manager, Project Analyst and Change Management Advisor. The Americas Modernization Director will form part of a Global BP network of Workplace Modernization professionals and therefore be connected to projects across BP for learnings and alignment.We are seeking a Houston, TX based Workplace Modernization Program Director to lead the transformation of the largest single workplace in the BP Group. The BP Westlake One (WL1) Tower will undergo a modernization project over the next 3 years to create a high energy culture that maximizes the value of our workspace. The project involves modernizing the workspace to create a diverse and dynamic work environment to energize employees, support agile working alternatives, and improve asset use. In addition to the WL1 Tower, additional projects are under evaluation or in progress at the Westlake Campus, Chicago Area, Trinidad and Mexico.
Consistent with Workplace Modernization across the group, the WL1 workplace experience will utilize modern design elements and technology to enhance productivity and collaboration. It will support our employees by creating a sense of community through new amenities, social interactions, external community events, and by supporting expected leadership behaviors. Not only will a modernized workplace support agile work teams and collaboration, but it will also inspire employees to apply innovation to business processes and solutions.Key accountabilities
Americas Workplace Modernization Program Director is accountable for:
- Overseeing the schedule and construction activities related to the Development Plan FM
- Upholding a relationship with key stakeholders such as design partners, Business and Function Leaders, WPM Leadership, Group Modernization and Facility Management leaders, and key contractors. Link to key functions including IT&S and HR and maintain close links with Real Estate, Workplace Services and Design & Construction COE colleagues.
- Providing WL1 Leaders and teams the tools needed to manage the transition to the new workspace and to lead in new ways
- Leading a program office including direct reports, indirect reports, and contractors
- Measuring and reporting progress on key objectives, financial controls and schedule adherence
- Leading all Americas Workplace Modernization efforts through local facility management and construction teams.
- Networking with Global Workplace Modernization efforts, sharing best practices, and lessons learned
Essential experience and job requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Engineering, Construction Management, Business, Commercial Design, or other related field
Desirable criteria and qualifications
- 10+ years of experience leading projects, programs, or organizational change efforts.
- Experience managing large enterprise programs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proven track record of translating a vision into specific actions and performance management of delivery
- Demonstrated experience of managing internal and external relationships
- Experience managing programs that are transformational in nature for the organization
- Commercial construction experience
- Supervisory experience
- Organizational effectiveness
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proactive problem solver
- Mentoring and training
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Join us now!!!!!