Skills: Environmental Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Responsible for supporting environmental regulatory compliance and the delivery of regulatory activities, including inspections and reporting, utilising sound technical capabilities to provide day-to-day operational support and advice on environmental issues, acting as a subject matter expert.• Provide RCE support to business unit to ensure compliance with state and federal laws while maintaining conformance with BP corporate requirements.
• Provide strategic guidance and technical support to the BPX Energy business units to enable the achievement of their business objectives.
• Lead environmental initiatives and participate in deploying programs on key environmental matters related to the business unit.
• High technical proficiency in the application of applicable regulatory resources and requirements associated with onshore production.
• Proficiency communicating regulations, risk management, and risk assessment skills as related to onshore production.
• Provide environmental support to business unit(s) by participating and collaborating with various individuals, workgroups and functions.
• Participate in and collaborate with applicable external environmental and regulatory workgroups and committees as related to the business unit(s).
• Support business unit in air permitting, LDAR, engine testing management for facility updates/modifications, GHG calculation workbooks to identify, document (L48 GHG Guidebook), and quantify emission calculation improvements.
• Provide environmental support and guidance through eMOC review or by direct request for projects to ensure compliance obligations are met.
• Environmental reporting and environmental data management.
• Release reporting and calculations.
• Participate in state and local advocacy.
• Provide cross-training and support to other environmental engineers as needed (i.e. HYSYS training, TX permitting guidance, assistance w/ emission calcs, etc.).