The AGT Marine & Subsea Team deliver integrated management of project scopes including engineering, equipment supply, fabrication and installation of subsea production facilities and the installation of offshore platforms and export pipelines for the portfolio of AGT Cat A and B projects.
As part of the portfolio development, the Azeri Central East (ACE) project will build a new Production, Drilling, Utilities and Quarters platform and integrate with the existing ACG facilities offshore, requiring brownfield activities to tie in the new infield Pipelines for Oil, Water and Gas.The ACE and Marine and Subsea leadership team are looking for an experienced Senior Project Engineer. Reporting to the ACE M&S Delivery Manager the Senior Project Engineer is a key AGT Marine & Subsea leadership position primarily focussed on managing the integration and contractor delivery performance across the Subsea Construction and Jacket and Topside Installation teams.
Based in the Contractors office (Subsea7) in Paris the role is the face of BP in the office and will lead the strategic and tactical management of the contractor and execution planning of the workscopes supported by a team of BP project and construction engineers.
This exciting role offers a great deal of experience in the development and leadership of the contractor and BP teams in a mature but challenging delivery environment. Some travel will be required to support the various activities and integration into the delivery and execution teams in Baku and the role is expected to play a part in the delivery of the AGT M&S regional strategy.Key Accountabilities:
The ACE M&S Senior Project Engineer is accountable to the AGT Marine & Subsea Deliver Lead to:
- Lead the day to day performance management of the Marine and Subsea Contractor in Paris integrating the delivery teams and coordinating with the leadership team in Baku to deliver the ACE M&S scope.
- Lead the project and construction engineers in the delivery of the Subsea and Jacket and Platform T&I work scopes, providing direction and leadership in resolving challenges that arise.
- Provide exemplary safety leadership to the BP and Contractor Teams and hold all to account for delivering BP safety expectations
- Build a One Team culture to integrate the contractor and BP teams in Paris and Baku
- Support the assurance of the ACE M&S project scope in compliance with OMS and MPcP
- Support the management of the ACE M&S project budget and schedule to provide cost effective, on time delivery.
- Support the AGT M&S Team management to drive the implementation of BP expectations on Agility, M&T and Diversity and Inclusion
- Undertake leadership team duties to support the AGT Marine & Subsea PMs and PGM
Engineering or related degree and professional accreditation with a recognised institution Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- A high level of personal commitment and proven HSE leadership to drive exemplary safety performance
- Experienced in offshore marine construction execution
- Working knowledge of subsea system construction
- Familiar with BP ETP's, GIS's and marine practices
- Self-starter, able to set direction and lead through uncertainty.
- Proactive decision-making and leadership skills to address complex stakeholder groups and resolve difficult issues
- Proven technical capability and a willingness to challenge key assumptions and champion innovative ideas and opportunities
- A high level of proven communication, interpersonal and people management skills
- Experience in managing contractors in a mix of lump sum and reimbursable commercial environments
- Experience in working offshore and open to travel and deployment on offshore construction vessels where required