Skills: CAD / CAM
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: New York, New York, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of project administration and management. Understands and follows sound project management processes. Intermediate-level (or greater) working knowledge Microsoft Office and CAD software tools.
- Operational, system and equipment (of various manufactures/models) "expert" knowledge of one (or more) of the following areas:
- Moving Walkways
- Mid- and/or High-rise Building design, specifications, and analysis
- Other Vertical Transportation Equipment
- Must know, understand, and adhere to applicable industry/ASME codes, standards, and safety rules. Expertise in assisting and coordinating the design of the above systems with the architectural team, building owner, or management companies.
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding on industry operational and equipment trends. Solid mathematical skills, including application and use in problem-solving.
- Ability to coordinate own and others' efforts, manage own time and manage personnel resources. Strong understanding and expression of written and verbal English. Ability to meet (or exceed) billing projection for the assigned position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree preferred. Experience and QEI/CEI certification combination required based on the requirements of the assigned position.
- Preference of 5-10 years' experience or greater and no less than 2 years' experience in at least one of the areas identified in #3 above.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION:
- Four plus years of Elevator experience.
Consulting Experience/QEI Certification
- Intermediate-level (or greater) working knowledge Microsoft Office and CAD software tools.
An employee in this position typically works in an industrial field environment, with daily exposure to operating machinery. Office time is limited.
While performing the duties of this Job, the incumbent is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; lift/ reach above shoulder level with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl while regularly working in small or restricted spaces; and speak and hear clearly. The incumbent frequently ascends and descend ladders or stairs and works at heights greater than 10 feet, and is frequently required to lift up to 20 pounds. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus, distance vision and close vision. Travel is requirement is up to 50%, dependent on assignment location and duration.
Your career is about more than building a résumé — it's a chance to leave your mark.
Make an impact doing work you can be proud of at Bureau Veritas. Contribute to a global mission to enhance standards with integrity, and help us create a brighter future for our next generations, and a safer society for us all.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.