Skills: Structural Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for an Asset Structural Integrity Engineer for permanent a position, located in Aberdeen.
The Asset Structural Integrity Engineer is a critical role within the company delivering on safety and production aspects to our North Sea asset base. Reporting to the Installation Team Lead, with a functional reporting line to the Integrity Manager, this role has responsibility for managing the assets scope, budget and risks for structural integrity. We are looking for a proactive, highly skilled individual who can work as part of a cross asset team. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work independently, is delivery focused and can successfully manage multiple interfaces and work streams. You will be experienced in both structural integrity and structural design such that you can demonstrate a suitable depth of knowledge for this role.
This role is onshore based (Monday to Friday), with a requirement for occasional offshore visits.
- Owner of Asset Structural Integrity
- Understand, assess and manage asset integrity risks
- Delivery of monthly status reports and Annual Integrity Statements
- Development and management of asset structural integrity scopes and budget
- Working with the Inspection and Repairs department in prioritising delivery of inspection activities in accordance with the strategies
- Delivery of improvements in asset integrity performance
- Executing and delivering detailed engineering activities, studies and emergent work in support of the Assets including technical assessment.
- Review anomalies and action plans.
- Owner of the anomaly management process for the asset.
- Development of temporary repair solutions in accordance with company Standards.
- Managing of all defect re-inspection, emergent integrity inspection and all other scope growth by 3rd party integrity contractor.
- Ensuring the rigorous application of applicable engineering codes, standards, practices and design guides to engineering activities
- Raising and facilitating MoEC proposals as necessary
- Providing technical support and assurance in the application of Regulatory Standards, company procedures and Strategies within Operations and Projects, as agreed with the Structural Integrity Lead
- Liaison with government bodies when required (HSE/BEIS)
- Lead/participate in incident investigations
- Carry out regular offshore visits with a particular focus on pressure system integrity and audit follow up.
- Strong networking and communication skills externally and internally - ability to cultivate and build strong internal and external relationships with business counterparts.
- Good written and presentation skills, with ability to adapt style and content of presentation for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to display confidence in own abilities and is motivated to deliver.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence key decision makers in an operations environment.
- Pro-active self-starter who is able to work independently with minimum guidance.
- Creative thinking and problem solving.
- Has a detailed knowledge of discipline regulatory requirements, technical codes/ standards/ guidelines and use of new technology.
- Structural Integrity Management and design re-assessment.
- Can manage engineering teams and 3rd parties.
- Significant experience of pressure systems integrity engineering in an Exploration & Production, Facilities/Developments Engineering environment.
- Experience of a client/operator environment and knowledge of the safety, environmental and operational aspects of their work.
- Knowledge of structural design and late life re-assessment through international standards for Offshore Fixed Installations.
- Experience of Structural integrity management and design re-assessment.
- Experience of maintenance management systems, safety/environmental critical elements/activities, performance standards
- Extensive experience of risk assessments in relation to safety critical deferrals, operational risk assessments and other critical operational activities.
- Strong safety/environmental awareness - understanding of legislative requirements.
- Demonstrable industry experience working to an advance level of competence.
- Related engineering BSc/BEng degree
- MIST and BOSIET Training
- Previous role within an oil and gas operator.
- Previous experience working at a similar level.
- Previous experience with structural modelling and assessment techniques.
- Extensive experience within Integrity Management.
- CEng/Eur Ing