To perform Field Services duties for Oil Search (PNG) Limited Operations including wellhead installation, repair, removal and maintenance as required by Baker Hughes Pressure Control on Baker Hughes and Third Party equipment and abide by all Baker Hughes Pressure Control EHS policies and Work Place Practices.Essential Responsibilities:
- Carrying out the repair of Baker Hughes Pressure Control wellhead equipment, including client equipment as requested.
- Perform valve repair, valve lubrication, and wellhead upgrading
- Install, repair, and maintain equipment at the well site.
- Maintain tools, safety equipment and company or Customer vehicle in a clean and serviceable condition;
- Maintain stock of spare-parts in company / customer vehicles for use and sales;
- Maintain inventory levels of spare parts for service and rental;
- Maintain all Baker Hughes and Customer property, including truck, service tools, phone and computer equipment in a clean and ready state;
- Organize, select, arrange shipment of and receive tools and equipment;
- General assembly and testing of equipment in workshop as required;
- Comply with all applicable quality, health, safety and environmental regulations;
- Highlight and demonstrate a full understanding of Baker Hughes PC Q/EHS procedures;
- Perform any additional or special tasks as requested by the Service Supervisor.
- Highlight and demonstrate a full understanding of WGPC Q/HSE procedures.
- Conduct both Company and customer training as required.
- Completion and passing grade of year 12, Mechanical / Fitter Trade Qualification
- Minimum of 4 years Field Service in similar application and / or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to understand and implement mechanical drawings;
- Experience in the installation and repair of flanged well head systems
- Experience in the installation and repair of SH2, SH3 and Vetco well head systems
- Experience in the installation and repair of Hydraulic and Pneumatic actuators
- Able to confidently run and set , casing slips, and various types of hangers
- Field repairs to gate valves, and other misc. well head equipment
- Working knowledge of RB2 Lubricator - set and un-setting of BPV/TWC
- Working Knowledge of VR plug removal tool
- Understanding and use of 15k Pressure testing pump unit.
- Reasonable written and verbal communication and
- Sound computer knowledge.
- A good level of physical fitness;
- The ability to work independently or within a team; and
- Be able to follow instructions.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more