At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.Job Objective:
Baker Hughes has a job opening for a Mechanical Reliability Engineer in Celle, Germany.
As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
The Drilling Services group is looking for a Mechanical Reliability Engineer to join our Central Reliability Engineering team. This will be a unique opportunity to join a cross discipline team working with state of the art technologies in the energy development industry collaborating across the globe.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform failure investigation and root cause analysis for downhole drilling and evaluation tools. Write reports to summarize results and communicate lessons learned.
- Evaluate system and component performance in their application. Monitor for trends and initiate actions accordingly in order to improve reliability, durability and cost.
- Optimize design concepts to meet performance/reliability requirements and cost targets utilizing advanced simulation tools for functional as well as survivability evaluation.
- Contribute to development of test plans and collaborate on execution of tests at a system level or component level. Complete documentation and change management processes for product enhancements.
- Collaborate with engineering department in design reviews and bench mark studies.
Preferred Qualifications / Requirements:
- Above-average university degree (FH, University, TU) or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Advanced technical skills including experience in CAD (3-D modelling and 2D drafting), and the utilization of Finite Element Analysis tools in a design & build environment.
- Demonstrated advanced problem solving skills with respect to Applied Mechanics, Engineering Design, and Technology Development.
- Practical experience in the above-mentioned area of expertise gathered in more than five years professional experience.
- Self-contained, self-motivated and structured to work within a worldwide functioning interdisciplinary team
- Good written and verbal English skills, due to working in an international diverse working environment and strong interest in working with other cultures and travel.
- Experience with SolidWorks (CAD System)
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more