Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Westhill, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Conduct work safely and ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and facility work instructions.
- Proactively participate in HSE standard and initiatives.
- Provide technical support for plant and offshore engineering/service personnel and assistance with resolving service or product quality incidents, FPRs, technical problems and field troubleshooting issues.
- Work with minimal supervision and shall prioritize own work whilst being capable of supporting multiple projects/scopes of work.
- Capable of providing mentoring/coaching to subordinate/less experienced team members on an informal and casual basis.
- Technical review with internal and external customers and suppliers including projects, aftermarket/sustaining.
- Identifies and selects solutions based on technical experience and precedents.
- Working with Specialist Matter Experts; typically relating to ROV, Reliability, Hydraulic and Electrical Analysis to support solution delivery.
- Capable to provide evaluative judgments using analysis of information to support work packages.
- Interface management both internal and external.
- May participate in design activities such as design reviews or related activities such as HAZOP, HAZID and Risk Assessments.
- Provide technical support to the Service/Aftermarket/Sustaining organisation during the onshore integration and the offshore installation and commissioning processes.
- Participate in controls product design reviews.
- Supporting life of field/project management team to identify scopes of work and to manage project change process.
- Liaises with product group and provide feedback operational, design improvement associated with offshore operation and commission activates to drive product continuous improvement.
- Provide technical guidance to Services personnel regarding all technical aspects of work; including providing of information and guidance relating to product offerings, systems engineering and Services engineering.
- Liaise and work alongside the necessary OneSubsea and Schlumberger commercial personnel to agree workload priorities, deliverables, reporting requirements and timelines.
- Ability to drive incident free Health and Safety culture.
- Must be willing and able to fulfill business travel requirements.
- Design, build, manufacture and/ or operational knowledge of main surface and subsea hydraulic and electrical power and communication equipment.
- Effective verbal and written skills for use with internal and external customers.
- Requires familiarity with industry standards ISO 13628-6, API 17F, ISO 13628-7, API 17G.
- Ability to clearly explain, present and reason technical solutions and offerings.
- Ability to attend design reviews and act as lead engineer.
- Previous experience of the design, build, manufacture or operational knowledge of hydraulic or electronic control systems.
- Ability to write testing procedures for hydro-electric control systems.
- Ability to provide technical and commercial support to bids and quotations.
- Degree qualification in Electrical or Mechanical discipline, although candidates with a national diploma qualification together with appropriate experience may be considered
- Hydraulic and pneumatic schematic interpretation.
- OneSubsea or legacy Cameron IWOCS, Production Controls or Trees product knowledge.
- Previous experience of the design, build, manufacture or operational knowledge of main IWOCS and/or Production Controls equipment, HPU, Reel, Umbilicals, PLC based controls etc.
- BOSIET (Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training).
- CA-EBS Compressed Air Emergency Re-Breather System).
- Full clean driving licence.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.