Skills: Instrumentation Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Chinchilla, Queensland, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Make a difference
If you're a Quality Measurement Technician with experience in leading preventive and corrective maintenance tasks in an oil and gas environment, then this role is a chance to develop your technical skills whilst working for an industry leader.
What's the role?
The Quality Measurement Technician is a key role in our QGC Asset. You will be responsible for leading the preventive and corrective maintenance tasks on plant and equipment, safely and effectively. You are also expected to demonstrate high quality fault finding skills and the ability to troubleshoot autonomously, whilst adhering to all procedures. This role is based in Surat Basin and is on a roster: 15 days on 13 days off - 10 hours per day.
Some of the deliverables and accountabilities of the role include;
- Inspect, test, adjust and repair Fiscal/Custodial Metering and Quality Measurement equipment to satisfy appropriate governing standards.
- Execute Safety Case Performance Standard maintenance verification and proof testing activities.
- Maintain and manage maintenance registers and databases for site specific equipment and systems.
- Maintain and update Validation Certificates and Registers of Metering Equipment and Gas Analysers.
- Maintain maintenance records through effective documentation in conjunction with the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and participate in the development and implementation of solutions.
- Observe, monitor and supervise contract staff working on-site during peak period such ad Turnarounds.
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.
What we need from you:
- Cert III in Instrumentation, with demonstrated experience.
- Ability to hold an unrestricted or suitable restricted Queensland Electrical License.
- Demonstrated experience in Metering, QMI or E&I within an Oil and Gas environment.
- Experience with maintenance of Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Areas, and ideally hold a current EEHA qualification.
- Experience with Gas Analysers, Custodial Metering Systems and Emergency Shut Down System.
- Experience with Permit To Work (PTW) systems.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of CMMS.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing detailed technical reports and documentation of validation results, troubleshooting activities, faults and maintenance activities.
If you have these skills, relevant trade qualifications, proven maintenance experience, and have the competencies relevant to the petroleum, gas and energy sectors we would love to hear from you.
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video