JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Contribute to the design , development, implementation and maintenance of pipeline leak detection systems.
- Configure, implement, test and tune leak detection models.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and test alarms, SCADA inputs, configuration, tuning parameters and performance.
- Train and support pipeline controllers and other users.
- Assist pipeline controllers in their use of the leak detection software.
- Provide technical expertise to support leak detection systems, including after-hours support.
- Specify equipment and systems to support projects.
- Identify improvements, test system modifications and implement system changes.
- Understand the leak detection work processes as they relate to gas plant, pipeline, fractionator and terminal measurement and control activities.
- Interpret business needs and create solutions to meet those needs.
- Communicate effectively with other team members (operations, construction , commercial, etc.).
- Othe r projects an d tasks a s necessary.
- BS in Engineering.
- Experience with liquid pipeline hydraulic modeling and leak detection technologies and systems including SCADA interfaces.
- Working knowledge of and experience with regulatory requirements and best practices for leak detection systems.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong computer skills, particularly spreadsheet (Excel) applications.
- Strong interpersonal as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, team player with a positive and results-oriented attitude.
- Some overnight travel.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with focus in fluid mechanics and thermodynamics .
- 3+ years of experience with real time transient model leak detection systems.
- Experience with Emerson PipelineManagerÂ® software, Wonderware and Kepware.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.