Baker Hughes is looking for a Process Improvement Engineer at our Pasadena, TX location. This person is responsible for being the technical resource of maintaining production in six reactors at the Bayport plant. Essential Responsibilities:
- Abide by all HSE policies and guidelines and help drive ownership of HSE by all employees.
- Applies engineering skills to troubleshoot process failures, equipment failures, and quality issues and proposes solutions.
- Provides technical support for production and reliability of the operating unit.
- Identifies and implements process improvements to improve throughput, quality, and efficiency.
- Leads studies to identify constraints and eliminate bottlenecks in various operating equipment.
- Identifies and implements workflow improvements.
- Develops, reviews, and updates plant standard operation or work procedures.
- Interfaces with SAP for product formulation, batch standards, billing of materials, master recipe and manufacturing procedures.
- Assists with plant communications by preparing daily notes and reports.
- Manages small plant projects as directed from design stage through start up.
- Actively coaches, trains, and mentor's junior engineers, co-ops and associates.
- Conducts Root Cause investigations of process and safety incidents.
- Participates in customer or vendor meetings.
- Assists with plant wide audits and implement upgrades.
- Works with the planning group to ensure plant meets production targets
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering with 3+ years' of chemical plant experience.
- Experience with batch chemical processes.
- Razor sharp process analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to analyze data and draw actionable conclusions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with OSHA 1910.119 PSM regulations & requirements
- Sound working knowledge of principles, concepts, theories, and/or practices of chemical engineering & chemical plant processes.
- Certification in lean and/or six sigma.
- Experience with manufacturing production chemicals for the oil & gas market
- Salary Position, Typical Mon-Fri 7am -4pm, off-hours and weekends occasionally needed.