Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Sr. Financial Analyst will work with senior management to ensure they have the necessary information to make informed and data-driven decisions about the company's short and long-term direction and to facilitate integrated budgeting, planning, analysis, and process management. The overall goal is accurate, transparent financial reporting, and improved analysis to drive improved financial results.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop financial models and analysis to support strategic initiatives, and create data-driven recommendations.
- Establish and monitor monthly and quarterly business Targets to Improve (TTI) and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics that drive continuous improvement.
- Support Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) and overall Accounting and Finance team on all change initiatives and special projects related to systems and processes to improve efficiency.
- Identify trends, risks, and make suggestions for intervention/opportunities.
- Develop and monitor capital expenditure plan company wide.
- Assist in enhancing, implementing, and enforcing policies and procedures by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness.
- Provide technical financial advice, knowledge, and methods of continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of functional managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Assist in furnishing internal reports, revising and updating reports to be more useful and efficient, and external reports as necessary.
- Assist in the formulation of shared services functional budgets including consolidation and justification.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly financial package.
- Assist in the coordination of budgets, forecasting, tracking and reporting/explaining significant variations from those budgets.
- Contribute to the preparation and tracking of the overall Shared Services profit plan and assist each of the leaders with their portion of the plan.
- Prepare journal entries and accrual entries for submission to corporate accounting.
- Assist with the Annual Operating Plan as needed.
- Develop professional presentations that can support objectives.
- Foster strong communications and teamwork between finance, operating groups and corporate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in an accounting or finance role including:
- Strong understanding of standard accounting practices (GAAP).
- Strong understanding of and ability to perform financial analysis.
- Ability to interface with various levels of management.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate financial concepts and analysis results to executive management.
- Experience with PeopleSoft is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.