Skills: Engineering Technician
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Panama City, Florida, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Engineering Technician Position is primarily responsible for supporting the development, implementation and maintenance of designs for subsea production control, drilling, and intervention umbilicals used in the offshore oil & gas industry. Reviews and implements customer requirements using company design guidelines and industry standards; assists in producing procedures, reports, other documentation to manfacture and test groups as well as assisting in department development projects. Candidate will be required to work with manufacturing supporting product production which may require weekend or holiday work. Cross functional engagement and executing in a team environment is a necessity. Travel may be required for both client and supplier locations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with colleagues within the department as well as other departments to understand project scope and executes deliverables to internal and external clients.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel to create integrated documentation that may require the use of macros and other complex functions.
- Has technical aspirations and applies the desire and knowledge to each task.
- Able to communicate ideas, thoughts, and facts in writing. Uses correct grammar, spelling, sentence and document structure, accepted document formatting, and special literary techniques to communicate a message in writing.
- Identifies and responds to current and future clients; provides excellent service to internal and external clients.
- Interfaces with internal stakeholders such as project management, processes engineering, testing/termination, and other sites of oceaneering.
- Travel may be required of this position on an infrequent basis.
- Aftermarket customer support, including specialist/trouble-shooting support.
- Supports manufacturing/testing functions for questions, comments, concerns, or non-conformances as required.
- Associates degree in technical field or 10 years in engineering design field required. Ideal candidate is an engineering student for electrical or mechanical engineering degree that can work part time around school schedule for about 20 hours a week.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures/reports, governmental regulations, client specifications, and industry specifications.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and vendors.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, and SolidWorks.
- A US government issued TWIC badge is required to obtain access to the Port of Panama City.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering is preferred.
- Experience in the use of Mathcad or other engineering calculation programs.
- Experience in process improvement and product development.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quality management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Cost Consciousness - Develops and implements cost saving measures based on evaluation of engineering product line.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
This is a part time, 20 hour a week position. Ideal candidate will be 2nd or 3rd year college student pursuing Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree. Will accommodate work schedule around school schedule.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.